Votes: 3 0.3%
  • Other

Votes: 16 1.6%
  • Abstain

Votes: 80 8.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
Enough people voted for SNP for them to form a government, a government being formed generally represents the fact that enough people of that country agree with the party forming the government...

They had only 1 more seat than those who voted Labour. The SNP only have 47 out of 129 seats. Even so, the vote was based purely on forming a government with very limited powers. Something which meant that the SNP's stance on independence was not so important. You clearly don't understand the Scottish parliament, so please stop posting about something you don't understand.

If Scotland was not part of the system then there would be 599 seats in rest of UK, of which the Tories would need 300.
They would have 306, thus would be forming a majority government right now.
Only 1 Scottish constituency voted for Tories.

Perhaps you should just have removed the North East and North West of England instead, as that would have had the same effect. It seems that you only want to get rid of Scotland because it happens to be an area of the UK that doesn't mirror your own opinion.

Last edited:
Soldato
Do you have any understanding of what's happening in Greece? The UK will not end up the same state, ever. It's ridiculous to even compare them.

Do YOU have an understanding about GDP and the budget deficit?

I could provide you with a few sources such as this:

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/news/article.html?in_article_id=503927&in_page_id=2

but I'm sure you will just say they are biased or similar. From what you've written in the last few days it seems you would defend Labour's actions at all costs so there is absolutely no point in debating anything with you. You are a self proclamied Cameron hater because he ignored you at a dinner party and stepped on your foot. :D

What do you make of this?

47796373partyplans466.gif

Brown tries to spend his way out of a recession. He doesn't make cuts before the election because obviously that will lose him votes. Now someone else has to clean up the mess, make the cuts that Brown should have made and they will probably end up being the bad guys again.

Associate
@gambitt
What are you on about? That's nothing like the situation in Greece.

Yes, we have problems, but we're not going to end up in their situation.

I've spent the past few hours on another forum debating about how bad a job Brown did as chancellor. I may be a Labour supporter, but defending them blindly I am not. Brown was a terrible chancellor. He was given a strong economy by the Conservatives and ****ed it up because he thought the Banks were his best mates and it would last forever. Anyone with a brain knew otherwise.

I do know about the GDP and budget deficit, yes.

EDIT: And I haven't defended Labour's actions on here at all, let alone blindly. What are you on about?

Last edited:
Soldato
Right, my son has gone home so I can commit some time to this thread again :)

In the event that Clegg cannot agree terms with either Cameron or Brown, where does that leave us? Another GE?
Tory minority. As I've said, if Lib/Lab defeat it at Queen's/budget- they are not acting in the countries best interests. Best to try and sort the economy out now with another GE in a year or two.

There is no reason why a minority can't work, with a case by case asssesment by Lib on what they like etc.

E.g. Trident reneweal - Con w/ Lab = pass.
No ID cards - Con w/ Lib = pass.
Making David Cameron king of the universe - Con w/ no one = rejected.

Last edited:
Soldato
Right, my son has gone home so I can commit some time to this thread again :)

In the event that Clegg cannot agree terms with either Cameron or Brown, where does that leave us? Another GE?

I would think so really, even if Cons decide to go with a minority government then i wouldn't last long before he calls another GE, There a 50%+ chance of another GE this year. If so then you can almost be certain of that the Lib-dem vote will collapse (apart from some mis-guided students) and people will vote Lab or Con so we won't have another Hung parliament for another generation. People should about now be waking up to the fact that a hung parliament is not such a good idea.

Soldato

If so then you can almost be certain of that the Lib-dem vote will collapse (apart from some mis-guided students) and people will vote Lab or Con so we won't have another Hung parliament for another generation. People should about now be waking up to the fact that a hung parliament is not such a good idea.[/COLOR][/FONT]
OR - people will jump and vote LibDems under PR nonsense.

I laughed then at people thinking hung parliaments were good. I feel vindicated.

Caporegime
People should about now be waking up to the fact that a hung parliament is not such a good idea.

I think a hung parliament will be great - there's no reason why it's a bad idea. Coalition governments work very well in other countries such as Germany, why shouldn't it work equally as well here?

It's about time that the political parties started acting like adults instead of bickering and silently adopting harmful laws for idealogical reasons (e.g. to rub the right's nose in diversity).

Associate
Probably the Lib Dems who want to actually do something to help the working class, you know like lowering taxes...

No. Social liberalism is fine. Economic liberalism, which has a lot of proponents in the higher end of the party, is not condusive to the interests of working class people at all.

Next suggestion?

It's the best for long term sability of the country, sociality and economicly, i'd rather had a Con Majorty, but this is the second best thing.

Not sure what you've been smoking, but if the Tories do end up in government, I would like to see you about aquiring some for myself.

Caporegime
Is that it? I was worried for a second.:p

Well there's the mass survellience, id cards, and the police being allowed to run riot arrresting people for taking photographs of parks and buildings.

Just don't visit uncyclopedia or 4chan or you could find yourself being arrested. ;)

No. Social liberalism is fine. Economic liberalism, which has a lot of proponents in the higher end of the party, is not condusive to the interests of working class people at all.

Next suggestion?

Anyone else other than Labour. ;)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I think a hung parliament will be great - there's no reason why it's a bad idea. Coalition governments work very well in other countries such as Germany, why shouldn't it work equally as well here?

It's about time that the political parties started acting like adults instead of bickering and silently adopting harmful laws for idealogical reasons (e.g. to rub the right's nose in diversity).

I agree, the question is who is the best group to unpick the mess of harmful legislation the Labour has created in the last 13 years, as well as the mess they have made of the economy.

I think Cameron and Clegg could do it, but whether Clegg's party will be adult about it I'm entirely unsure.

Man of Honour

On the contrary, fiscal authoritarianism is far worse for all people, not just the working class. Well, unless you consider dragging everyone to the bottom and trapping them there under the boot of the state to be a good thing.

Not sure what you've been smoking, but if the Tories do end up in government, I would like to see you about aquiring some for myself.

It could be worse, it could be Labour, who are more unpopular now than even Major managed. In fact they are currently on a par with labour under Michael Foot in 1983... The year of the longest suicide note in history.

Soldato
The truth is no matter how much we discuss it, we're totally ****** now. If the Torries try to cut they'll get out voted, if Labour try to resist they'll get out voted. The truth is that no matter who gets into power now, they will have no real support and the country, and we'll spiral into Greek type chaos, and it doesn't matter if the IMF step in ,they can't save all the EU, just thank the lord we're not in the common currency!

Associate
That graph (from the size of the peak) excludes the bank bailout, as most assessments of the national deficit do.

The graph is wrong.

The vertical axis should read "percentage of national income", not "% GDP". The BBC have changed the IFS' original graph.

Further example of their ****ness. 47% of GDP is what made me think it included the bailout.

Original graph is here: http://www.ifs.org.uk/bns/bn99.pdf on page 11. Figure 4.2.

EDIT: It's also quite interesting how the IFS say that the Tories would probably have to reverse half of their planned tax cuts.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom