A reminder to the MEN out there and some worrying news..

Permabanned
Is it me or is it lumpy in general down there.

I'm no doubt squeezing tubes and everything. I'm serious, I've watched all the how to check your balls vids and I still don't know whether what I think is a lump, is a tube and it's suppose to be there??????

Soldato
Is it me or is it lumpy in general down there.

I'm no doubt squeezing tubes and everything. I'm serious, I've watched all the how to check your balls vids and I still don't know whether what I think is a lump, is a tube and it's suppose to be there??????

Mine are tubes for sure, if you have doubts you can kinda feel off the lump and should be able to feel some tubes and navigate to the point where the lump is, or of course you can maneuver your testicle in such a way that the tube isn't bunched up where it connects and it's easier to feel.

if I have my ball in 1 position it feels like a lump is on 1 side where the tubes bunch, if I put it in another position I feel the bump on the other side, again where the tubes connect.

Another way is if the lump feels kinda softish, if you place it gently between your fingers and move your ball away from your hands, you can just feel your fingers dip between the testicle and the tube.

Edit: Too much ball touching for 1 day, I think I squeezed too hard and winded myself :( lol

Last edited:
Soldato
I found a lump on my left testicle when I was about 18 or 19, I knew what needed to be done and got booked in with my GP immediately, and I was examined by a female doctor, who then referred me on to the hospital for a scan.

I had to wait a couple of weeks for the scan, that wasn’t too pleasant as I was thinking the worst, but they scanned it and found that it was just a cyst, no need to operate unless I wanted them to, then I was out. I actually felt it was quite a ‘hollow’ process; I wasn’t given any real reassurances, just ‘it’s ok’ and I was out the door. I still have it to this day, it feels odd, but I’m so glad I got it checked out.

Caporegime
If the NHS used vastly superior MRI instead of ultrasound, it would certainly increase doctor visits. Less invasive procedures should be used wherever possible and NHS using the old physical examinations puts people off going.

Caporegime
If the NHS used vastly superior MRI instead of ultrasound, it would certainly increase doctor visits. Less invasive procedures should be used wherever possible and NHS using the old physical examinations puts people off going.

also vastly more expensive and increases waiting times for all MRI patients.

Caporegime
Lives over money Tefal. ;)

But this would reduce over all money which would have to mean cuts in other areas.

Besides I'm sure many would self fund, MRI scans of such a small area do not cost that much <£200.

Still takes up a lot of time on a machine that's fully booked most of the time increasing waiting times for more serious patients and the people getting the check up as they have to wait for a slot/wait again if the slot has to be filled with a more urgent case.

A physical check-up /ultra sound is more efficient.

Caporegime
Still takes up a lot of time on a machine that's fully booked most of the time increasing waiting times for more serious patients and the people getting the check up as they have to wait for a slot/wait again if the slot has to be filled with a more urgent case.

A physical check-up /ultra sound is more efficient.

You also have to take into account the costs of surgery which was not necessary, MRI scans can prevent this from happening.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/02/100222121626.htm

Sonography, although the primary imaging technique for the evaluation of scrotal contents, does not always allow confident characterization of the nature of a testicular mass. The purpose of our study was to assess the role of MRI in the preoperative characterization and local staging of testicular masses," said Tsili.

Prior surgery and histological examination revealed 28 malignant and 8 benign lesions in 33 patients. "Of those 36 lesions, MRI correctly identified all 28 malignant lesions and 7/8 benign lesions,"

Man of Honour
No here I don't want a hard on while I'm getting checked out, that'd be properly embarrassing. Some old man doctor will do lol.

In my experience, context kicks in. I've had no end of female doctors examining my bits and...nothing. They're doctors. It changes the context completely. Besides, I'm bi so I couldn't escape by having a male doctor.

Of course, it's a different story if you have a medical fetish :)

It didn't work with the last optician I saw, although that's sort of medical. It didn't help that she was right in my face, close enough to feel like she was touching me. Of course, she had to be for part of the test in order to examine my eyes. It was purely professional. My forebrain knew that, but hey, what does that know? I'm glad she wasn't asking any questions more complicated than the usual "which looks better, this or this?" kind of thing, because the higher thought parts of my brain were on holiday. If she'd said she was an elf, I'd have believed her.

Soldato
Surely if you find a testicular lump you must realise that eventually it will be inevitable that a doctor will have to play with your balls - so I doubt it would make that great a difference

And whilst MRI may be great for definitive diagnosis, ultrasound remains a very valuable, cheap and quick diagnostic tool. If there is doubt as to what is being visiualised, then there is a role for MRI - it's not as if it is only one or the other option

Soldato
I agree, get it checked out lads.

Also a doctor checking it is the most unarousing thing in the world.

Self examination though, always ends up as a good time.

Back
Top Bottom