Patriot PS-100 32GB HDD RAID 0 Review! (With Updated Firmware!

Associate
Hard drives are starting to get a bit long in the tooth now and the next generation of backing storage is becoming more and more widespread. The Solid State Drive is here and it is here to stay for a while to come. Most memory (RAM) manufacturers are jumping on the bandwagon and they are competing against each other to see who can produce the fastest SSD. There are currently a whole range of manufacturers who are producing SSD’s and they include the likes of Corsair, OCZ, Patriot, Samsung and even Intel! As time goes on, we are sure that hard drive manufacturers such as Seagate and Western Digital will join in too.
http://hardwarespot.co.uk/reviews/patriot-ps-100-32gb-ssd-–-is-it-the-budget-ssd-worth-buying-4/

Now they've fixed the firmware..

BUY NOW! BUY NOW! BUY NOW!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
These are great little drives for running specific applications off, I kinda hope they don't "fix" them too well.

I use 1 in a low power atom system - where it nicely boosts the OS boot time incidentally (even tho its just a low speed single core + hyperthreading atom CPU with the SSD it boots windows incredibly quickly) but the real strength is in the low power and completely silent operation.

I use a couple more to load games from with the entire drive dedicated to a couple of game installs each and as thats mostly about the read times and seek/access it nicely boosts it over mechanical HDDs - and I don't have to make a compromise between storage space, price and performance.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom