Labour have been ordered to bail out the Euro

Soldato
"It won't just hurt Britain either"

Would you like to qualify that. I'm all ears.

Well britain's not the only country in the EU that's not in the Euro. It's actually stated in the article:

"The euro’s 16 countries have already agreed it - that’s a majority," said a diplomat. "It’s a fait accompli. Those not in the euro - Britain, Poland, Sweden and other new EU members - can’t stop this."

Thus any of these countries forced to pay up to shore up the Euro currency are liable to fork out towards what they take little to no advantage of anyway.

Sure, it's possible, if not very likely that Britain (being a "rich" nation) will have to bear a greater burden from this, but that's not really what I was saying. In fact i meant very little from it other than 'this seems to royally **** many people over'

I must admit I don't know the details of what this plan would really mean in terms of specifically "who's paying how much" though, so I stand ready to be corrected :p

Caporegime
has the euro gimps ever actually done anything positive for britain? seems to be take take plunder plunder hahaha look at you little people give us more

Caporegime
Well done guys,because not bailing them out certainly wouldn't hurt us in any way, in the slightest, would it.

Not trying to help stabilise Europe and watching Greece amongst others go down the pan(of who all together owe us considerably more than 13billion, which we'd never hope to see come back if Europe collapses) would be just about the daftest thing we could do.

Soldato
Let IMF (to who we contribute) and the rest of Eurozone bail them out ...
Or should we also have contributed to the US bank bailout, since their banks affect everyone?

We didn't tell Greece to join the Euro, nor did we tell the other EU countries to accept them joining the Euro.
The fault lies entirely between those countries and has nothing to do with us

Back
Top Bottom