Labour have been ordered to bail out the Euro

Associate
I think it is worth mentioning that this is a loan (if i understand it correctly) so we 'should' get our money back. Though I do not think it's right, we're not part of the Euro zone so we should not be bailing them out. Would they do the same for us? I doubt it.

Soldato
whats the point in not joining the euro currency if the rest of europe acts like we have? its not our currency its value is not our problem acording to articles ive found only a small percent of our income is from exports to europe anyway

??? Ok I'm totally confused as I thought the UK makes loads of money in the financial markets a large portion of which will be tied up in european bonds as the Euro decreases in value then uk exports which are fighting against eurozone exports will become more expensive.

I'm no economist and only have a passing interest in economics but I'm sure a failed european currency would not be good for the UK.

Permabanned
How can they bail out the eu, everyone is in debt.

It needs to crash as eventually it will, they are only prolonging the inevitable. These ******** just want to leave the problems for the next generations so they can continue to think they are rich and powerful and successful. Mean while they have done the worst job and the system needs to crash.

Gordon brown should already be arrested for treason for selling britians gold and now recently selling our navy ships to romania... Now he wants to hand the eu billions of pounds ?

He has to be smoking crack.

Last edited:
Soldato
I definitely think the Greek economy which is mostly sustained on tourism and olive growing should be given the same loan rates as a country like Germany which produces high tech and world-class engineering services.

It also doesn't help that the previous Greek government lied like ****s to everyone.
They claimed public debt was 6% of GDP, rather than 130%+ which the current government revealed. The crisis could be even worse had they not admitted this.

Soldato
My understanding is this bail-out is a series of loans and guarantees - basically to restore confidence and prevent the Euro tanking and Greece defaulting on it's debt.

Our contribution of £15bn out of £430bn isn't huge (as we're not a Euro member), and as the whole point of this is to prevent defaults and subsequent chaos, we should get all the money back.

Back
Top Bottom