Which network has the best data FUP?

Soldato
not vodafone !!! O2 have the best, however i suspect horrible things to happen to all networks supplying data on their smart phone tariffs . Everyone i know exceeds their limits, and most by at least double (depending on the network). sooner or later the tree is going have no apples left !!!

alx

alx

Soldato
Whats their FUP then??

Tmobile are currently the best from what ive been reading around...3gb allowance.

Voda are the worst as they have a 500mb hard cap now and you get charged if you go over it.

O2 FUP is 200mb according to their 'mobile internet bolt on' page.

Soldato
O2 FUP is 200mb according to their 'mobile internet bolt on' page.

This has been recycled over and over and over. O2 do not have a FUP of 200MB. Their service is unlimited, and they will only cap you if you're negatively impacting other customers. Where do people get this 200MB limit from?! Here are the terms from the O2 website...

1. The Web Bolt On, Smartphone Bolt On and BlackBerry Bolt On allows you unlimited use of Telefónica O2 UK Limited‘s Edge/GPRS/ 3G networks (as applicable to your handset), for personal internet use via your mobile phone. All usage must be for your private, personal and non-commercial purposes. You may not use your SIM Card:
* in, or connected to, any other device including modems;
* to allow the continuous streaming of any audio / video content, enable Voice over Internet (Voip), P2P or file sharing; or
* in such a way that adversely impacts the service to other O2 customers.

If O2 reasonably suspects you are not acting in accordance with this policy O2 reserves the right to impose further charges, impose network protection controls which may reduce your speed of transmission, remove the Web Bolt On from your account or disconnect your SIM or tariff at any time, having attempted to contact you first.

Associate
I emailed O2 asking about their fair usage policies and the person said she wasn't allowed to comment on the their policies.

Email I got back:
Martin, I'm unable to comment on the fair usage policy. If you go above
your monthly allowance, you'll be intimated via text or call by the
relevant team. Your number will be temporarily be blocked and once your
new monthly allowance starts, the block will be removed from your
account.

Which I find quite barmy myself.

I checked 3's and its 500MB, but I think you can raise this 2.5GB with an add-on (can't find on their website though).

I'm also trying to decide which network to go for!

Associate
T-Mobile PAYG - £5.00 for 1Gb bolt on, or (and I got this when I got the sim in February) top up £10 this month and get unlimited texts and 1Gb data next month (plus the £10.00 credit), perfect for me as I only really use the phone for the data side and rarely make calls.

Associate
3 just changed their "unlimited" internet to a hard capped 500MB FUP - automatic charges if you go above this. For an extra £5pm you can get a bolt-on giving 2GB allowance.

Back
Top Bottom