RRoD, disk stuck in console

Soldato
Ok so my has the lovely three RRod (warranty went out last month, they fixed an e74 for me in January, good job MS) and also has modern warfare 2 in the disk drive. No matter how I try and power on the console, be it by pad, power button or eject button, the disk drive wont open and it doesn't show any signs of powering up, just flashes the three reds at me.

Any suggestion on how to get it out short of smashing it with a hammer?

Soldato
I was under the impression they extend warranties from the date of repair. So if you got a E74 repair in January. Surely you should have warranty left?

Just had a look, and some sites say 90 days, so i'd definately give them a ring lol, As thats over a month out of warranty after a repair. You'd have to talk to satan on the phone inorder to be refused a repair.

Last edited:
Associate
Definately give them a try, mine was well outside of the extended warranty from my first repair and I was very surprised when they said they'd repair it. Was fairly screwed so they replaced it in the end.

Soldato
OP
have to get onto them tomorrow as I'm at work now but fair shout, didn't think about any warranty from the repair date and the standard one went out on through 17th of april so worth a shot. Have to seek the number out later.

Soldato
have to get onto them tomorrow as I'm at work now but fair shout, didn't think about any warranty from the repair date and the standard one went out on through 17th of april so worth a shot. Have to seek the number out later.

I googled it for you

0800 587 1102

:D

Soldato
OP
Haha! Very kind of you (i did check it just incase you typed out some chatline number and hoped i would just dial :D)

Just rang them, 10 mins to actually speak to someone who i had trouble understanding, gave him my serial number and then he hung up....

edit - and again!

edit - got through to an american girl who sounded like she a bad cold, she was lovely though and it's in warrenty apparently :)confused:) so i'm getting my labels shipped to me :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom