Need good gaming keyboard, mouse and mat combo.

Soldato
No budget, just want solid lastable good ones and also i want a small mat/surface about 25-30cm by 20-30cm preferably.

What do people here recommend? i was thinking the deathadder as mouse but not sure what keyboard and mat/surface too.

Associate
I recently purchased a Razer combo. Deathadder, Lycosa keybaord and a Goliathus control frag mat. Cost £116 I think.

I think the only problems I have had with this combo is the slightly buggy media control panel controlling itunes on the keyboard. Sometimes it just changes track or pauses and plays on its own :/ but unplugging or restarting the pc sorts that out.

Soldato
OP
Is the Razer Lachesis a good mouse? was considering that.

Yeah G15 seems a decent keyboard....i really do not know what one to get though, just want it to have decent sized keys and feel easy to type with.

Associate
had g15 and lycosa.

i <3 lycosa, also personally never had any problems with itunes and the touch screen panel.

g15 is nice, but i prefer the feel of the keys on lycosa

Associate
Soldato
SDMS *** :D

I'm just a sucker for stuff matching :D

Although that being said you could also go for a G500 + G15 combo.

I'm running a G15, MX518 (soon to be Kone) and Steelseries QcK mini for my laptop and Roccat Sense on my desktop

hpz

hpz

Associate
Don't get a rubber dome keyboard like Razer or Logitech. They are cheaply made and feel terrible when typing.

I suggest a mechanical keyboard such as Filco, Steelseries or DAS. If you don't want to make a loud noise when typing make sure to get the Brown Switches which are silent.

Check out www.keyboardco.co.uk for Filco keyboards.

Associate
Currently using Razer Lycosa mirror and Mamba combo.
Had no problems with the keyboard, i like the look and the feel. It is very shiny like an ipod, so it gets dirty with finger prints within 2 seconds of use. I dont mind this, and spend 5 mins cleaning once every week. This brings it back to its shiny glory! But i can see that this could be a turn off for some. I also dont wear a watch and imagine it would get pretty scratched up by one.
The Mamba is the best mouse i have ever used. At the time i bought it, it cost a lot more than it does now. At the time i was using a Razer copperhead. I had used my cousins deathadder and liked the shape. As the Mamba was more or less a wireless version it became the mouse i wanted. Well i talked myself into buying it, thinking its the one thing i use on my pc most except my monitor. Today and the day i got it i didnt regret purhasing it.

Phil.

Soldato
OP
Associate
They are very personal things, decide what makes a good keyboard/mouse combo for you.

Personally I love Logitech Wave keyboard and my Emperex chiclet keyboard coupled with Roccat Kone and Taito.

Associate
I got a Steelseries QcK Mini this week, for £5.99 what a steal. Being only 2mm it does feel a bit thin, but for the price I can live with it.

Associate
I've just ordered the following:

Steelseries Merc Stealth Keyboard
Steelseries Xai Mouse
Razer Sphex mousemat

SO looking forward to getting them :D

Back
Top Bottom