Xonar DS and W7... When will it end?

Soldato
Hey all,

The XONAR DS and Windows 7 are still causing BSODs and from what I can see there is no patch within view?

I'm beginning to think about putting the card on the bay/members market as its causing my entire system to be unstable. Anyone know why this still happens? I get the standard xonar dll crash, is there any hope in downgrading to vista x64 drivers?

If not then I see the sound blaster XFI is on offer at the moment @ £64

Soldato
That's a pity, I wonder how common that issue is? Seems Asus, like Creative, are not on the ball when it comes to the software for their cards.

Why the hell is there such issues with these damn sound cards? Creative problems are far more common, but there are certainly a few issues involving Xonar's. Are there as many issues with GFX cards?

Have you tried reseating the card? I had a DS not long back, which started acting weird, then got to the point where it just vanished according to Win7. I reseated it, and it was fine after that. That was the only issue I had with it.

Soldato
OP
I installed vista 64 drivers and we seem to be in business! No crashes so far which is a big improvement. Now I can honestly say I had a solid PC for once... shame It all has to be formatted in a week for new SSD :p.

Don
The only good soundcard driver maker is realtek, which is a shame..

creative for a total joke for their drivers, some guy on the forum makes them for free by bodging together creative beta releases!

asus have really rubbish forums that are impossible to use or follow! all issues just get lost on there unless they're posted everyday

I have a xonar dx and an xfi xtreme music, I dread looking for drivers for them!

Back
Top Bottom