Size comparison of open world maps...

Soldato
Its a big picture, and obviously no hotlinking allowed, so:

Clicky

Elder Scrolls 2 is over 62,000sq miles?? Is that even possible?

And LotRO is 30,000 to WoW's 80?? I'm suprised you ever see anyone else on LotRO with that much land mass.

Man of Honour
Surprised Burnout Paradise is so big, although I suppose the speed you travel at is higher than in most games. I think the type of game plays a factor, I mean TDU for example is a pretty huge world, but in driving games you tend to cover distance much quicker than other types of game.

Man of Honour
I think they've miscalculated a few of those... pretty sure the FC2 map is half the size of oblivion to scale.

Soldato
The map is worthless, the scales are all wrong. Look at the aircraft carrier on the Burnout map, it's the size of an entire island in GTA3.

Guild wars size on there is also a good laugh, they've literally just taken the "storyline" size of the map as if it was a real world and pasted in the number.

Caporegime
Yeah, from those images i'd suggest Burnout is about the size of GTA3. I wonder how the Smugglers run games fit in (PS2 games, the forerunners to GTA3)?

Soldato
I agree that is pretty badly done... i say pretty i mean very.

Guild Wars + Cantha + Elona + Northlands would be a huge area, if you simply took the entire map... but then thats stupidly obvious because its half the continents of a world! The actual explorable area is much less. And stuff like Far Cry 2, how much of that is explorable area and how much of that is simply 'drive through here please' area.

Associate
Played fallen earth for a while and it took ages to get anyware, supposly it took over 12hrs to get from the bottom of sector 1 to end of sector 4 and there are gonna bring out up to 10 i think

Back
Top Bottom