Greenmangaming, tradeable online games & 1p offers.

Associate
Not very many good games available, I'm afraid.
Saying that, Trine's a steal at that price, and World of Goo for 1p is a definite purchase, especially if you missed out on the humble indie bundle deal.

Might try out Necrovision - can't really go wrong for 1p can you?

Soldato
The site tells you nothing about how the service works - what's their approach to dRM, do you need the client running all the time, etc. Also, no company address.
Anyone know more about it?

Soldato
Also, no company address.
Anyone know more about it?

ABOUT GMGL
•Green Man Gaming Limited Registered company number: 05271628 England & Wales
•Registered company address: Clearwater House, 4-7 Manchester Street, London W1U 3AE England, UK.

also

•All questions, comments or enquiries should be directed by email to [email protected] or by post to GMGL at Green Man Gaming, 4th Floor, Hamilton House, Mabledon Place, Bloomsbury, London WC1H 9BB England, UK.

There is definitely an address ;)

Last edited:

uv

uv

Soldato
The site has absolutely no information on the download client, how to use it, or even a single screenshot of it. It has no information on download limits, DRM usage, nothing.

No thanks.

Soldato
I think they have launched the site before it is ready for "prime time".

Also, their "trade in" system will prevent them getting deals with the bigger publishers as they dont want games being traded.

Obviously, they could "disable" the trade in for certain games but that would be silly as that is their "thing".

I dont see any big publisher touching them with a big stick. If your going to try and emulate Steam, which it is obvious they have taken many of the Steam features and implemented them poorly. It needs to be better than this.

Soldato
I was ironically sat next to the CEO a few weeks ago on my daily commute in to london on the west coast mainline. He was in the process of writing a long email to a sony exec and various other people. I couldn't help but glance and it all seemed positive at that point, but alas as we've seen from EA in the console market it is unlikely that the big publishers want to resell their games... Although if I remember correctly, the publisher gets money from the resell.

Soldato

They weren't there when I looked yesterday -notice the creation date of those links.

Here's a worrying one:
Do I need an internet connection to play my games?
Yes, currently you need to connect to the internet when you play games from Green Man Gaming, but we are working towards making single-player games available offline.

I won't be buying from there till it's possible to play single player games offline.

Soldato
Hmm... for small games this will work, but larger manufacturers will NOT buy into this website or any sort of steam adoption of it. Companies have "issues" making a profit as it is, or so they say. The introduction of trading games online will dilute their profit per customer, not something they exactly would find appealing!

Cool idea, but not viable in the real world :p

Associate
Hmm... for small games this will work, but larger manufacturers will NOT buy into this website or any sort of steam adoption of it. Companies have "issues" making a profit as it is, or so they say. The introduction of trading games online will dilute their profit per customer, not something they exactly would find appealing!

Cool idea, but not viable in the real world :p

Just wondering if you've actually looked at what the "trading" deal actually is - you can trade in games you've finished with, but you can't actually pass them on to anyone else.

I think that makes a world of difference, as if you trade a game, in, you get a bit of cash back towards another purchase, but the publishers don't lose any extra sales as your traded copy doesn't go to anyone else. Ok, there's a loss on the trade in, but at the end of the day, they've still made some money on each and every sale.

Soldato
OP
They weren't there when I looked yesterday -notice the creation date of those links.

They were, I looked at them before posting the thread here, the creation dates are messed up and were all showing as having been created 7 minutes before I looked at them.

Soldato
They were, I looked at them before posting the thread here, the creation dates are messed up and were all showing as having been created 7 minutes before I looked at them.

The creation dates may have been messed up when you looked at them, but they were correct when i looked at them (and they show the same date now as they did at my last posting, allowing for time passing). I know this because I looked at the forum link just before my first posting in this thread - at that time, there was nothing there.

Soldato
OP
The creation dates may have been messed up when you looked at them, but they were correct when i looked at them (and they show the same date now as they did at my last posting, allowing for time passing). I know this because I looked at the forum link just before my first posting in this thread - at that time, there was nothing there.

Must be a bug then, I know for a fact that I looked at them before posting this thread.

Back
Top Bottom