How much will ebay fleece me for? selling an amp.

Soldato
Yes EBay fee's are high.
However EBay has a massive amount of traffic - more than the other auction sites put together.
You stand much more chance of actually selling your item on EBay than you do any other auction site.

So yes, get all "Moany" about EBay fee's.
But the bottom line is if you want hundreds of thousands of potential buyers then use EBay - unfortunately you have to pay to be put in front of thatg many buyers.
Alternatively attempt to sell stuff on other sites with a tenth of the traffic and pay less fee's.
It's how the world works.

Caporegime
It is but Ebay has got greedy. It used to be fair enough at around 10% but now they have hike it up to 15 - 20% of your value, it's too much IMO.

Soldato
OP
Yeah true. I just popped over the road to my local cash converters and even he said the same. They would only offer me £200 for an amp with a retail value of £599.. its amazing how worthless something is once youve bought it haha, but saying that I expected that from them, so i wasnt dissapointed.

Soldato
Yeah sell it on Ebay costing you £45, then get emailed by the buyer claiming it's broken, paypal will freeze all the funds, clear the dispute, transfer them all to the buyer, and he'll show you "proof of postagee" but it will never turn up at your door.

I honestly dont know why anyone would sell anything on ebay anymore.

Back
Top Bottom