Sky

Associate
Are sky realy that bad? i dont go heavy gaming just the odd bit and download? im just wondering as i can get phone and broadband also sky tv for £48 a month.

Also can interleaving be turned off so got low ping.

Soldato
zero issues here with sky - good solid connection and £10 a month for the UK's only TRUELY unlimited broadband - can't knock it with a big stick!

Associate
no idea, best bet would be try find some ppl that are on sky, reviewing it. a few of my friends have this package and they weren't complaining.

hope that helps.

Associate
OP
Got a Sky package TV-hd, Talk, Unlimited BB, with call's about £58 amonth, can't fault them, my 1st year is up, will be renewing mine. :)

Same package i got just hope it goes well when i go on samknows it says i should get atleast 5mb does this mean i could get more?
Are sky ok for GAMING.

Last edited:
Associate
sky unlimited here, its fine I can't knock it at all, only down side is you have to use their modem/router, but its a goon one, and you can get passed it if you want.

Associate
it's possible, i just logged into the sky website and it says this for me, but i actually get about 8mb

The estimate provided to you at purchase for the maximum download speed your line can support was 4.5Mb.

Soldato
I was quoted about 4MB, settled at 7.5MB, but later they rechecked my line after a few month set it too 8MB D/Strm 800KBps UP/Strm Ping 35. But after a while had one or to prob's with connection speed, so they reset it too 7.1MB D/Strm 864KB UP/Strm Ping 24 well pleased.

I always ping the same site > bbc.co.uk AVE Ping = 24, very happy with that.

Soldato
i have sky broadband, its adsl, do sky do any other way or getting it?

my connection is fine for wow and l4d, average ping is under 80.

only problem i have is in the afternoon it can lose connection once or twice a day and have to reset router thought i think its a problem with our lines in the house.

Back
Top Bottom