Need a detailed hard drive diagram for case design

Associate
Hey guys, i was wondering if you could help me out

I have been asked by a friend to design and manifacture a cool case for him as he is never satisfied with 'off the shelf' products.
What i need is a detailed diagram of a hard drive size, bolting patterns and restrictions.
And before you ask, yes i know i could just take the one out of my pc and measure that, but I would prefer to be 100% accurate so the bloody things will fit perfectly first time.

Thanks for the help guys

Zakdel.

Associate
OP
I will mainly be using google sketchup, porting the desing to paper marking sheets. Marking the design onto sheet aluminium or steel then doing a lot of cutting, grinding and drilling. I have made desks shelves and other DIY items, but not really a PC case. So this could be fun :D

-edit- Just checked formfactors, You have motherboards, psu, riser cards and such but no hard drives or cd drive. Both of which would be needed.

Last edited:
Soldato
Would it not be much, much, much easier to simply modify an existing case? That way you already have something to build around and you will have slots, bays and holes in the correct places and dimensions.

Soldato
Would it not be much, much, much easier to simply modify an existing case? That way you already have something to build around and you will have slots, bays and holes in the correct places and dimensions.

This. Don't waste your time making something you don't need to

Associate
OP
I know I could modify an existing case, however the design is a little... well different. I would need to chop up 2-3 cases just to get the base desgin of the product. The HDDs will be stored in hotswap draws. the cd drive will be positioned sideways. And then the cooling system will be seperated into sections. and he wants it to look similer to http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CD-000-TT&groupid=701&catid=7&subcat= So cutting up and existing case might work but i think designing from scratch would give a better result

But thanks for all the responses guys, you have all been very helpful. Something i find often on this awesome forum.

Back
Top Bottom