advice on protein supplement...

Soldato
I read that when choosing a supplement u should choose the one with the most grams of protein per 100/25etc grams
just want to try it out so went to tesco to buy some maximuscle stuff (i know this is overpriced/hated by some people but as I say I just wanted to try it)

the thing is the one with the least amount of protein per gram was Progain - 25g per 100g but all the writing on the tub seemed to suggest this was the best one for gaining muscle/mass, not sure what else it has in it to make it good for putting on weight....

I bought High Protein Promax which is 80 odd grams of protein per 100g, but the wording on the tub would make you believe its nowhere near as good as the Progain, which has about 1/4 of the protein

reason why I am doing weights etc....
I dont want to get huge, just maybe a tiny bit bigger than 'normal' :D
my arms/legs are pretty skinny but I have a bit of a flabby belly from eating loads of chocolate etc....is my theory on getting the supplement with the highest amount of protein per gram correct ?

I will prob buy cheaper stuff from the internet after this is finished so just want to know if theres more I should look for other than just the amount of protein in the supplement/shake

Soldato
the "progain" will be ram full of carbs whereas the promax is just protein powder. As for wanting to get bigger/lose fat you'll need to address your diet first and foremost before looking at supplements, I.e. whats a days eating for you?

Soldato
OP
ive always been terrible with food..but forcing myself to eat some good things now....have read a lot about it but actually being able to eat some of the things I should be eating is a problem, ie most vegetables

things I do like that I have read are good for me though... chicken, haddock or cod (struggling with other kinds of fish tbh), beef, most fruit

today I had a bowl of rice crispies and a banana when i got up, roast beef sandwich about 10, 2eggs and 2 rasher of bacon on a roll at lunchtime, couple of 'nut bars' about 3, tried this protein stuff about 5 (which I'm sure has made me a bit hyper!) just making a steak and baked potato just now, probably a banana or peanut butter on wholemeal bread later

Soldato
Ready the bodybuilding sticky.

Happy to offer advice in the supplements discussion thread.

It is not all about which has the most protein, amino acid profiles & other addatives should be considered. This is only after you diet has been addressed.

Soldato
OP
guess i shouldve done this before...but ive just added up the calories (not splitting it up in to protein etc) and even though im eating loads more than I was i'm still only gonna get to about 2000 calories if im lucky

wish i could just eat cakes n stuff to get more calories :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom