I'm so gutted

Associate
Hi all

I usually hang out in GD but wanted to share my woe with you :D

I have been lucky enough to have a company car for the last few years. For the last 2 years its been a Skoda Octavia 1.9TDi Laurent & Klement. She has been a fantastic car and I have done 70k+ miles in her.

Today I found out she is being sold and I am getting an 08 plate Astra diesel estate. I am gutted. The other guys at work that have them say they are soul-less.

Does anyone have any good things to say about them?

I know I should probably have asked which model it is but I was too depressed.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
Ditch it and take a cash allowance instead, the Skoda sounds equally awful. Free yourself from these diesel crapmobiles :)

Associate
OP
I have found out that it is a Astra 1.7 TDCi Design. On the bright side, I have been driving for 20 years and never had so much as a speeding ticket. This is not likely to change....

Soldato
I have found out that it is a Astra 1.7 TDCi Design. On the bright side, I have been driving for 20 years and never had so much as a speeding ticket. This is not likely to change....

Shame it's not the 1.9 version.

If you don't mind splashing out a little you could buy a DTUK box for it. That worked really well on a friends 1.7 TDCi Corsa SRi.

I think there are different versions of the 1.7 so if it's not a 'sporty' model I'd guess you'll have the sub 100BHP version :(

Back
Top Bottom