Recommend me some games?

Soldato
Hey, I'm not very up on games in general really, so I don't know what's good or not!

I've bought crysis today, should be here tommorrow hopefully. I loved the demo, possibly my favourite FPS ever. I also really liked COD4 and MW2, I'm playing through them both again now actually. Also really into my driving games like NFS Shift and Grid.

Favourite game ever was probably San Andreas, although got bored of that a while ago.

Got any suggestions for me? Someone recommended the STALKER series, but I tried Shadow of Chernobyl and hated it, and it was supposed to be amazing...

Soldato
Dirt – Excellent game with good rally races, some buggy and off road to keep it interesting.

Dirt 2 – Excellent change to the format, however it’s a little more extravagant with a lot of in car banter from drivers, more of a showing off fun racer and not to be taken seriously. A lot of fun, just don’t take it as a proper rally game, its not. Get Dirt for this.

Metro 2033 – Very good creepy and dark FPS. Its not had as much praise as I felt it should have had. The game relies on the story and for this it excels. Fantastic visuals, and creepy tunnels makes this a game to play for the scare and atmosphere factor alone.

Batman Arkham – just pure class. Excellent graphics, excellent story and it’s a POV (third person?) FPS with a difference. It’s a game that combines strategy with combat and works wonderfully well. Engrossing story, easy to play, hard to put down.

Tomb Raider Anniversary – Fantastic remake of the old Tomb Raider, works well interesting plot and very cheap and an good way to kill a few hours.

Rome Total War, or any total war game – These are RTS games, however they are as addictive as hell. Napoleon total war is the latest, fantastic graphics and very addictive as you build up your armies to conquer your enemies.

Just Cause 2 – Just an explosive, fun, no brain cheap thrills game that looks and runs like nothing I’ve seen before and it’s a great blast.

COD 5 world at War – Excellent back to WWII FPS with really immersive WWII tension and excellent visuals.

All these work with an Xbox 360 pad, and will keep you well entertain for quite some time, except the total war games, they are keyboard and mouse.

Oh Resident Evil 5 is also a good game on PC, as is Devil May Cry… Lots to go for. Should keep you happy.

Last edited:
Soldato
If you have Vista or Win7 get Just Cause 2!! It's kinda like GTA.

To explain just how good it is; my mate is getting win7 after he slagged it off to the hills and said he would never get a new O/S because there was nothing better than XP!!

Then he saw me playing Just Cause 2....:D

Soldato
If you have Vista or Win7 get Just Cause 2!! It's kinda like GTA.

To explain just how good it is; my mate is getting win7 after he slagged it off to the hills and said he would never get a new O/S because there was nothing better than XP!!

Then he saw me playing Just Cause 2....:D

lol one reason to ditch XP..!! Although it is hard to ditch an OS you've used for so many years. Just cause 2 is well worth upgrading for though. Very good game.

Soldato
if you like crysis you may want to get crysis warhead as well, batman arkham asylum as said is a great game, tomb raider legend/anniversary/underworld are all good and if you like fps's there are lots of good older ones you can pick up cheap like delta force black hawk down, alien vs predator 2 and the primal hunt expansion, farcry, f.e.a.r, bioshock, doom 3, rogue trooper, no one lives forever and loads of others.
need for speed most wanted was the last driving game on the pc i really liked.

Last edited:
Associate
bad company 2
look out for bf3 next year around march i think

Definately if you like modern warfare.
Again, Dragon Age and Mass Effect are fantastic RPGs

Team Fortress 2 - Fantastic multiplayer and soon to be updated again

Left 4 Dead 2 - Fun co-op play

If you can wait a week then Red Dead Redemption maybe as well!

Soldato
Someone recommended the STALKER series, but I tried Shadow of Chernobyl and hated it, and it was supposed to be amazing...

It is :).

Do a search and you'll find every thread about the first one explains how tricky, potentially off-putting and a bit meh the first area is. Once past this it's an amazing game. Try using something like the Stalker Complete mod to make it even better

Soldato
Mass Effect 2 - Pulls you right in and there's plenty of hours of fun to be had.
Battlefield Bad Company 2 - Very pretty looking game, awesome sound and great fun to boot.
Resident Evil 5 - Very pretty game and has a good coop mode.
Left 4 Dead 2 - Great fun with mates.

:)

Back
Top Bottom