Plantronics Audio 995 Wireless USB Headset - Any good?

Caporegime
Hi guys,

Had my plantronics DSP500 headset for years now and the quality is great, but the cable REALLY gets on my nerves. So I want wireless :)

This seems like a good replacement? anyone had any experience or reviews?

Thanks,
Jake

Associate
I've got the headset the sound quality is decent but not a customizable as with an x-fi etc, also wireless range isn't very good and almost diminishes to nothing through wall etc, but its perfect for use in the same room as the PC.

Build quality is good and the headset is pretty comfortable, it feels weird at first having no wire attached but its quite a good headset, also sometimes you can hear a bit of interference which sounds like weird noise but goes after a few seconds. Also you need to remember to charge it as i don't and it will conk out mid-game.

Caporegime
OP
I've got the headset the sound quality is decent but not a customizable as with an x-fi etc, also wireless range isn't very good and almost diminishes to nothing through wall etc, but its perfect for use in the same room as the PC.

That's fine, don't plan on walking away from the PC with it on :)

Build quality is good and the headset is pretty comfortable, it feels weird at first having no wire attached but its quite a good headset, also sometimes you can hear a bit of interference which sounds like weird noise but goes after a few seconds. Also you need to remember to charge it as i don't and it will conk out mid-game.

Cool stuff, does it come with a charging dock? how long does a charge last roughly? :)

Associate
It comes with a MiniUSB charging cable to plug in, its roughly 30cm ish and you cant use them while charging. I'd say a charge would last about 6-8hrs although i dont think i fully charge them as i always forgot to charge them overnight.

Caporegime
OP
It comes with a MiniUSB charging cable to plug in, its roughly 30cm ish and you cant use them while charging. I'd say a charge would last about 6-8hrs although i dont think i fully charge them as i always forgot to charge them overnight.

Ah nice :)

These are sounding just the ticket (bom tsch!) Think I'll order up this week! Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom