HTC EVO 4G - will it hit or an equivalent hit the uk later in the year?

Associate
the specs for the handset are top notch - andriod os, 8mp camera, hd 720p video recording output via hdmi.

so i was wondering if it wer able to come out in the uk, i've heard it cant due to the lack of support from our networks on its capable hardware of wimax and 4g, but surely itd be backwards comatible until our networks put in the investments to upgrade.

im thinkin htc will do somthing after apple let loose its next iphone unveiling,

though i do have to say the desire model is still pretty darn yummy too

htc-evo-4g-01-top.jpg

anyhoo tata

Soldato
You're correct. The EVO won't work in this country because it uses a mix of CDMA and WiMAX wireless technologies, neither of which are compatible with UK networks.

HTC release a lot of phones. I'm sure that there will be an equivalent or better model for Europe announced soon.

Associate
Just brought a desire, so no doubt it will be the day after it arrives :p much like when I got my G1, the very next day the G2 was announced for release

Soldato
I was thinking the same, it's a great device with some awesome features like HDMI out... Thing is that it's basically the same size as the HD2, whilst the massive screen would be great for games and movies and the device is slim it's just a bit too big i think to use as an everyday phone.

Soldato
We are a long way off WiMax in the UK too.

I used to work for Fujitsu and they were trialing it then ditched the whole thing. Shame as it sounds good on paper, though the people working on it said it was a lot of hassle.

Soldato
Totally depends on what you measure your top spec by. You left the HD2 out of the list and it is still an excellent handset with the largest screensize. Granted a 4.3 inch screen isn't everyone's cup of tea but I love it.

Caporegime
Samsung Galaxy S, better CPU, screen, GPU and out next month iirc.

But it's a Samsung. :(

(And has the teenie samsung look, gloss black with curved edges and early learning centre style OS).

Anyone know any other HTC phones out in the near future? Other than the possible HD3 there is no real leaks that I can see.

Soldato
Samsung Galaxy S, better CPU, screen, GPU and out next month iirc.

CPU isn't necessarily better (how do you compare the two?). 1 ghz S5PC110 vs 1ghz Snapdragon.

But yes GPU is supposedly a lot better. Videos samsung have released show it being really smooth in graphics centred situations.

edit:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snapdragon_(processor)
http://www.gadgets-reviews.com/samsung-introduces-s5pc110-and-s5pv210-application-processors.html

Both are actually using an ARM based cpu.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARM_architecture#ARM_cores

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom