2011 Ford Mustang

Soldato
500x_2011_ford_mustang.jpg

17mustanggtfd2011.jpg

2011-CS-2.jpg

44mustanggtfd2011.jpg

43mustanggtfd2011.jpg

So it now looks a lot smoother than the previous generation Mustangs, but it still looks very mean and like a true American Muscle car. The previous ones were around 300bhp from a 4.6l V8, but capable of 600BHP on stock internals as proved by urmm...the guy we all know, which done 50,000 miles in that state of tune and never missed a beat. Absolutely brilliant car that one was, with the handling upgrades he did it really made it much better on the UK roads although it most certainly wasn't bad at all before (despite most misconceptions).

It also sounds awesome as stock, but what engine and power? A 5.0l V8 pushing a mere 412 bhp and 390lbft torque, although it's looking like Ford are underestimating the stock power and it's likely to be around 450bhp. As with the previous generation though, this should easily reach 600bhp again with some tweaks.

It can be had for a base price of $28,500 or if you actually want some toys then $30,000 for a spec'd up one. Considering the fact that's $1500 for extras, you'd be silly to go for the base spec. Compared to other cars available that's extremely cheap for what you get, for example, the 2011 BMW M3 Coupe is $59,275 you've got a real contender in the bang for buck area here. The interior may not be quite as good as the BMWs but it's certainly much better than it has been, Ford have upped their game with this one. For me, it's a no brainer, fully speced 2011 Mustang, throw some mods on too and you've got a $30,000-$40,000 car that has so much more power and is possibly more fun than the $60,000 BMW.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/03/25/video-inside-line-dynos-the-2011-ford-mustang-gt-5-0

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/03/29/2011-ford-mustang-gt-first-drive

http://jalopnik.com/5503993/2011-ford-mustang-first-drive?skyline=true&s=i

When compared to the 2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS and 2010 Dodge Challenger SRT8 it looks like the Mustang is the better of the cars.

Read more: http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests...odge_challenger_srt8_drive.html#ixzz0nhxwVVIX

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
What are the chances of these being in the rental fleets this summer? Got a mustang cabrio booked, would be cool to get a new one.

Soldato
They are cheap when buying and comparing in America but after import tax and everything don't appear to be much cheaper over here.

Still very much want one and would take one over an M3 or German alternative.

One of my dream cars.

Soldato
OP
You don't need SC on these though. ;)

The old one (mentioned above) hit 577bhp (from 300bhp stock) with a supercharger, these should see 500bhp easily without one. A supercharger would certainly make it even more interesting, not sure on kits for them yet.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
When are you ordering? ;)

When I move to the Sates (give me a good few years :p).

They are cheap when buying and comparing in America but after import tax and everything don't appear to be much cheaper over here.

Still very much want one and would take one over an M3 or German alternative.

One of my dream cars.

Yeah, I'm not disputing that in the UK they are more costly due to import, cost-wise I was looking at US. Although once some are imported into the UK, prices shouldn't be too bad as the previous owner has spent on the import duties.

What are the chances of these being in the rental fleets this summer? Got a mustang cabrio booked, would be cool to get a new one.

Not too sure really, I mean when they say '2011' they just mean 'latest model' so they could be getting into the rental market for the summer, although don't forget that they often use the lesser engines in the rental cars, which I've not looked up on.

Associate
I believe the new EcoBoost V6 will be used to replace the outgoing, less powerful V8s.

Which is another class leading engine to come out of Ford, 305BHP standard, great economy, hugely tunable and very lightweight. Just not the V8 noise.

This new 2011 model looks and sounds the business, seems Ford have improved the standard package massively especially if you order it with a few of the upgrades like track pak and brembo brakes.

Like how Ford admit to using an Audi A5 as a base for improving the interior quality, if the Ford can be even remotely close quality wise to an A5 interior will be some achievement.

Probably looking around £30,000 - £35,000 in UK dependent on spec after taxes, shipping, duties......

Last edited:
Caporegime
You don't need SC on these though. ;)

The old one (mentioned above) hit 577bhp (from 300bhp stock) with a supercharger, these should see 500bhp easily without one. A supercharger would certainly make it even more interesting, not sure on kits for them yet.

Saleen say 540hp from the supercharged 5.0L 2011 Mustang

not found anybody that is selling a package that does 500hp from just a tune though.

Associate

12.6s 1/4 mile from a stock car at this price point, WOW! :D

Then they add some sticky rubber, give it a remap resulting in approx 475BHP just from a REMAP and its in 11s territory.

Can see these getting into 10s with ease with around 500-550ish horses. :)

0-100mph on stock car must be sub 10s or just over. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Saleen say 540hp from the supercharged 5.0L 2011 Mustang

not found anybody that is selling a package that does 500hp from just a tune though.

Going on the fact a few small mods pushed out rather large power from the 4.4L in the Mustang and from information I've had passed to me, should be easily doable without SC.

All the proper tuners are as yet to release full specs on what they will be pushing out though.

Also, the 540bhp Saleen is the entry level, not top one. ;)

On the older engine they did 465BHP, 530BHP and 600BHP and then a final one with like 700ish.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
As with the previous one, yes it will. Still has the live rear axle but it has been proven by many different owners that they handle well at stock and even better when some adjustments are made. The concept of American cars not being able to handle is a myth these days.

Caporegime
well thats not exactly true.

The Stock Mustang GT has never handled particularly well

The Mustangs that put in laptimes faster than the V8 M3 etc.. have modified suspension setups from Steeda, Saleen, Roush etc.. They dont handle till you start changing the suspension components around.

This is no bad thing mind, as the stock GT is setup for the american market who by and large dont care about handling. Companies like Saleen and Roush cater for the people who do. I think Ford even sell an optional handling back of their own with the 2011 model dont they ?

Back
Top Bottom