Broadband Migration

Associate
Hi, Im currently with Bulldog Broadband and im looking at moving to sky broadband and sky talk so all the bills with be with them. TV, Phone & broadband. Would be looking to get the 20MB unlimited.

I was wondering if any one can advise me about migrating as i would prefer as little downtime as possible.

Will i just be able to provide a MAC to sky and let them handle everything?

From what i remember bulldog is llu so according to skys site im going to need my line back on BT. So i would probably need to RTD. Will that not then tie me into 12 months with BT?

But then theres this information below from skys site in bold.

If you are switching from another broadband provider and have provided Sky with a MAC for your Sky Broadband order you should only be without broadband service for 30 minutes to 2 hours on the day of switchover.

If your current broadband service is from a fully unbundled provider (e.g. Talk Talk) you will not be able to use a MAC to switch broadband services as these are not available with fully unbundled services.

I can get a MAC code from what bulldogs site states.

In this case you will need to order a transfer of your phone services to a BT or Sky Talk phone line first, and then place a Sky Broadband order after your phone line has been activated.

Why do i need a BT line cant it be transferred straight to a sky line?

EDIT:

Here is my exchange info http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange/CMEARD

Does this mean sky operate LLU. Will this make things easier.

Hope some one can help.

Last edited:
Caporegime
If you're on Bulldog's fully unbundled service you won't be able to get a MAC. The only way is to cancel the whole thing and start again, whether you use BT or Sky Talk.
Yes, Sky have an LLU operation, though I'm not sure if they do full LLU or just SMPF and the voice service via BT.

Associate
OP
I do get calls and bb from them.So i guess a MAC is not an option.

If i move back to BT im going to have to pay their line rental and then skys too?

Or can sky transfer me straight to them (phone line)? Or do i still need to pay the BT line rental anyway if i was with sky?

Back
Top Bottom