Rock* to lazy to remove DRM for steam release so use a cracked exe instead!

Man of Honour
When I had DRM problems with a UBI game awhile back they actually sent me the same file as on gamecopyworld (this isn't a warez site) as a "fix".

Associate
It's good business sense, if you ask me. I'm all for supporting developers, because I want more of the games I like to play. If they can save a few squids using a crack, go for it.

I would love to hear about some crack team raging about a big dev using their work, I really would.

Soldato
These pirates are really clever they even sell hacks made to order.

Got to admire someone who can crack a game sometimes before it's even released :p

BTW I buy all my games but still am impressed at how they do it.

Soldato
Lol, loving the fact that I buy the game and get pirated material instead. Nice one Rockstar, who's thieving what intellectual property now??

Associate
Lol, loving the fact that I buy the game and get pirated material instead. Nice one Rockstar, who's thieving what intellectual property now??

It's an interesting point...since there is quite likely to be some copyright for the hackers in whatever they did to the .exe, and it's pretty unlikely that Rockstar licenced it from them :)

Associate
I had loads of problems with one of the command and conquer games not that long ago (prob cnc3) being unable to detect the CD (tried all sorts including removing iso mounting apps etc) and EA's advice was to use a cd crack :(

Associate
So someone using a cracked .exe to get their own game working, which they paid to develop and distribute, is no better than some internet oik stealing it?

Riiiiight.:confused:

Are you serious??

They used an illegal crack (by their own definition), a company that says its wrong and illegal to crack their games goes and does essentially the same thing....what's so complicated about seeing the hypocrisy in that? lol

Associate
Are you serious??

They used an illegal crack (by their own definition), a company that says its wrong and illegal to crack their games goes and does essentially the same thing....what's so complicated about seeing the hypocrisy in that? lol

The funny thing is they didn't even "crack" it, they stole the crack. The irony :D

Soldato
Are you serious??

So let me get this straight... An Exe, Part of a copyright system thats already in place, once thats modified by a 3rd party scene it then becomes their property?

You sure thats how it works? Im pretty sure the initial rules in place would mean that the exe and all other core functions in the game with regards to security shouldnt be touched. So if its been modified, that does not make it now the property of the thiefs. Its like breaking into someones home, stealing a TV, Writing your name on it. and saying. lol, It's mine now.

It is hypocritical that they used it. But saying they're as bad as the pirates is somewhat laughable.

*edit* I definately prefer the term ironic over hypocritical.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom