My Computer Chair is breaking

Sem

Sem

Soldato
The metal frame under my computer chair is starting to crack

i can still sit on it and use it but it does bend slightly

i know eventually im going to need a new chair but im broke right now so will take a few weeks before i can get one

is there anything i can do to temporarily fix it so it will last at least a few more weeks

like some kind of glue or putty for metal

thanks

1440.jpg

Associate
Dont be cheap replace it ...Oh your broke

If its supporting weight as I would think, there isnt a lot you can do to cheaply fix it well or at least to last a while. Maybe just duck tape the heck out of it and hope for the best.

Welding torch if you have one would be the best bet for fixing it.

Sem

Sem

Soldato
OP
lol im not a fat comic book guy style computer geek who sits on the chair all day

im actually a fit and virle man but i guess im still big 6ft 5 and 16 stone of pure muscle 10% bf :p

Associate
You can get metal epoxy putty stuff from Homebase etc that drys rock hard but not sure how long itd hold the weight of a person. I thought you could drill into it though, so might be ok!

Soldato
When you do go to buy a new chair, don't go to that shop that sells staples (don't know if they're a competitor or not).

Had to return and replace a chair I bought there 3 times because they were all in various states of disrepair. One had obviously been sent back for repair before re-selling it, but they had done a terrible job.

Soldato
Be careful to sit properly on it, no leaning or it will make it worse.

I also advise clearing the vicinity of any sharp objects you may clobber your head on when it breaks.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Are you constantly on the edge of your seat?

Either stop watching thrillers on your PC or stop browsing certain parts of the forum ¬_¬

Back
Top Bottom