SC Conviction poor performance.

Associate
Im getting in some areas about 25fps, is it really that poorly optimzed? Some places its smooth other places its nearly a slide show, lets just hope for a good patch.

Associate
Wow you really are a tool, if you cant tell me properly dont even bother.

what settings you running at? what res? what parts are giving you trouble? what operating system are you running this on? make a decent effort in your OP before crying about the optimization, if you want to wait for a patch then wait for it, but just shut up about it unless you actually want some advice

Associate
OP
what settings you running at? what res? what parts are giving you trouble? what operating system are you running this on? make a decent effort in your OP before crying about the optimization, if you want to wait for a patch then wait for it, but just shut up about it unless you actually want some advice

See, another pointless reply, go away you child.

Associate
Wow you really are a tool, if you cant tell me properly dont even bother.

You assume the game is broken/unoptimized because its not running properly on your system - you called him a tool for basically pointing that out, giving you no advice because you gave him no details to go on in the first place. THEN you called him a child when he realised you're a dork but asked you for some info anyway.

Great job.

Soldato
The game is poorly optimized, for ATI cards at least. Found this out to my cost last night - crippling glitches and framerate issues, and this on a less than 1 week old 5 and a half grand Alienware (Core i7 980x, 12gb Ram @ 1333mhz, 2x 5970's).

Quick search finds this to be a common problem, game swiftly uninstalled and exchanged for the 360 version this morning.

Soldato
The game is poorly optimized, for ATI cards at least. Found this out to my cost last night - crippling glitches and framerate issues, and this on a less than 1 week old 5 and a half grand Alienware (Core i7 980x, 12gb Ram @ 1333mhz, 2x 5970's).

Quick search finds this to be a common problem, game swiftly uninstalled and exchanged for the 360 version this morning.

look the game is not poorly optimized for ati i have not had 1 single problem on my set-up with this game full stop i have completed it twice now and seen none of this stuff u are talking about. no major dips in FPS neither

stop moaning and get it round your head that it's probably your system cause lots of people are playing this title with no problems at all and just because your 5 and a half grand alien despair and repair can't handle it your blaming the game creators.

get a life will you things like this clearly **** me off

Associate
You assume the game is broken/unoptimized because its not running properly on your system - you called him a tool for basically pointing that out, giving you no advice because you gave him no details to go on in the first place. THEN you called him a child when he realised you're a dork but asked you for some info anyway.

Great job.

yeah but he could have pointed out to him a little better dont you think , it dont cost anything to be polite .....came across a lil aggressive to me .......i thought he was a tool too !

Soldato
look the game is not poorly optimized for ati i have not had 1 single problem on my set-up with this game full stop i have completed it twice now and seen none of this stuff u are talking about. no major dips in FPS neither

stop moaning and get it round your head that it's probably your system cause lots of people are playing this title with no problems at all and just because your 5 and a half grand alien despair and repair can't handle it your blaming the game creators.

hahahahaha, seriously Chillout :eek:

Last edited:
Soldato

Get a life? :confused: Try getting worked up over a daft game. :p

Glad it worked for you, doesn't mean a whole lot in the grand scheme of things. If you're interested in actually finding out if people have had problems, couple minutes searching should do the trick. Infact go have a look at a copy of the game on store shelves, the copy I bought had a sticker on the front clearly stating the game had known issues with the ATI 3000 series. So the game has zero problems according to you, but at the same time enough for there to be a warning sticker on the box. Doesn't quite add up. ;)

Ah what the hell, since I'm such a nice guy I'll do the leg work for you -

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/ATI-Catalyst-10-4-a-Hotfix.aspx (A patch specifically naming Splinter Cell as one of the fixes).

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2073556 (Some dudes with ATI cards having problems with the game).

http://www.gamebrood.com/2010/04/29...t-game-launcher-error-and-more-fix-and-fixes/ (Catalogue of problems with the game, plenty of which revolve around systems with ATI cards).

So what does all this tell you? Well it certainly doesn't mean every single problem is entirely down to the ATI cards, Nvidia cards have known problems too, just as some people with ATI cards don't ever experience any of these problems (and to be realistic probably the overall majority of players never experience a problem). But if your only input was 'it worked for me, you're talking ****', it would have been far more helpful if you'd simply not bothered tbh.

Soldato
Ok a small hijack. Had similar problems myself and spent ages googling to discover that hotfix and SSC patch. installed patch fine but I have the problem where the installer for ati drivers crashes during install. A lot of other people do and I've tried a few fixes, including a cmd prompt one that seamed to work, but my driver version still shows as the old one and the game crashes. Anyone know how to get past this problem?

Back
Top Bottom