Red Dead Redemption - PC Release?

Soldato
Sorry if there's already a thread on this but a quick search couldn't find one.

Just watched a couple of trailers for this and my jaw hit the floor...right up to the point when a quick look at the Etailers indicates it's a console release only, not PC. So does anyone know what the scratch is with Rockstar on this title? Have they indicated there will be a PC release in the future or are they playing hardball as they did initially with GTA IV, but then came out on the PC anyway.

Any gen appreciated.

Associate
I was wondering that as well.

Found this though...

rdrpc.png

Soldato
There's no official announcement as far as I know but since they've already ported the engine over onto PC in the form of GTA IV I can see this game eventually making it onto PC as well.

Probably won't be as intensive as GTA IV either considering it won't have to deal with as much traffic.

Soldato
Yeah as above, no formal announcement yet. GTA 4 came out approximately 6-7 months after the console release.

I'd expect similar for RDR, leading to a Jan/Feb ish release however I would probably expect it out for Christmas so may see it December.

Associate
Yeah as above, no formal announcement yet. GTA 4 came out approximately 6-7 months after the console release.

I'd expect similar for RDR, leading to a Jan/Feb ish release however I would probably expect it out for Christmas so may see it December.

I agree, it seems likely that it will be a few months after. They will probably announce it at E3

Soldato

This. Will definitely come out. Eventually.

Back
Top Bottom