Question to XHFJU47637DIHS4

Soldato
I travel all round country with my new job and see a lot of lorrys parked up asleep with the back trailer doors open even when there full of gear?

I would understand if it was red hot and they was wanting to get some cool air in there incase anything gets damaged/ruined through heat but ive seen this in freezing cold weather and rain.

or even if they opened the back trailer doors to show there's nothing in the trailer to nick, but in most cases there is... tons of it..

Proper random question, but just curious as to why lorry's do this? I could easily park up and get me sen a few freebies why you read your books/sleep.

Associate
My dad said to me that it was to show that what they're carrying is very big and heavy and little chances of them nicking it, so they don't break in and ruin the trailer only to not take anything.

Associate
It's to show people theres nothing in there worth stealing or if there is it's too big to quickly stick in the back of a transit etc

Man of Honour
They do it to help criminals decide which lorrys to target. So that the criminals dont need to waste time and effort breaking into empty trucks, the truckers have decided to leave the doors open to help the criminals spot the empty ones, leaving them safe to break into the ones with closed doors knowing they contain cargo.

Caporegime
[TW]Fox;16550745 said:
They do it to help criminals decide which lorrys to target. So that the criminals dont need to waste time and effort breaking into empty trucks, the truckers have decided to leave the doors open to help the criminals spot the empty ones, leaving them safe to break into the ones with closed doors knowing they contain cargo.

this

very much a "im alright jack" mentality as it means the ones carrying inexpensive cargo dont get broken into.

As an example, whilst a student i worked for a job agency in a tesco warehouse. Trucks would come and collect boxes of toothpaste by the truckload. 26 pallets i think it was, each with a couple of hundread boxes of toothpaste on, and inside each box was about 20 tubes of toothpaste.

Professional criminals arent interested in thousands of tubes of toothpaste.

Soldato
this

very much a "im alright jack" mentality as it means the ones carrying inexpensive cargo dont get broken into.

As an example, whilst a student i worked for a job agency in a tesco warehouse. Trucks would come and collect boxes of toothpaste by the truckload. 26 pallets i think it was, each with a couple of hundread boxes of toothpaste on, and inside each box was about 20 tubes of toothpaste.

Professional criminals arent interested in thousands of tubes of toothpaste.

The tooth fairy might be, all those rotten teeth means more for her when they fall out!

Soldato
The other factor to it afaik is that if someone is going to rip off a truck properly they'll be coming prepared, big van etc. and closed doors won't stop them so why subject yourself to repair costs for a busted trailer door or slashed curtain on top of the stolen goods?

Back
Top Bottom