*****Your favourite mystery/conspiracy/haunting type thing*****

Soldato
Your favourite mystery/conspiracy/haunting type thing.

I came across the story of D.B. Cooper the other day...

...D. B. Cooper is the name attributed to a man who hijacked a Boeing 727 in 1971, received $200,000 in ransom and parachuted from the plane. Despite hundreds of leads through the years, no conclusive evidence has ever surfaced regarding Cooper's true identity or whereabouts, and the bulk of the money has never been recovered. A couple of years ago the FBI reopened the case...

...Anyway, it got me wondering what other amazing stories I don't know about.

Some other good ones (if anyone fancies a read) are:

-the SS Ourang Medan where everyone was found dead for no obvious reason
-the Voynich Manuscript which is written in a code nobody can crack
-the strange money pit on Oak Island to name but a few.

Post 'em if you got one!

(Now with less asterixeseses)

Last edited:
Soldato
My fav mystery is probably why some people think their thread is so much more important than everyone else's, that they deicide the title needs a thousand asterisks!

Associate
That's freaky!

If you find it interesting check out the Mysterious universe podcast i think its episode 319 where they discuss this clip.

I also find Shadow People freaky.

I heard about some soldiers who were in the jungle at night keeping watch duty they said that they saw black shadow people stepping out from behind a tree and then back again. Apparently if you fire your weapon in for no reason in the army you get severely reprimanded. These soldiers had no qualms and kept opening up.

Caporegime
A favourite past time of mine is to go to the Area 51 sub forum at abovetopsecret.com

I don't have any interest in Area 51 as a conspiracy or mystery but it is filled with the most delusional nutjob posters that it makes for fantastic reading :)

Associate
Are you kidding me? Everyone sees things in the dark from time to time, especially if you're exhausted, scared stupid waiting to die or tripping balls.

I dont belive in them myself personaly but some accounts Ive heard about shadow people are a bit freaky.

In anycase I had a bout of sleep paralysis once and I didnt put it down to shadow people though most people do.

Last edited:
Soldato
Not sure if this a commonly unexplained phenomenon, but on several occasions over the last few years, I've seen very tiny, black, featureless spherical objects spontaneously disappear within a second or two of it coming within my field of vision.

Initially I thought it may just be a small insect or spider of some sort that would suddenly jump and my eyes would be too slow to see it move, but I'm not entirely sure. On one occasion I had the chance to focus in on one of these objects for at least a good 3 to 5 seconds. It was about two metres from where I was sitting, on my bedroom wall. It was completely black, with no features, just a spherical shape, maybe a few millimeteres in diameter. I kept my eyes locked on it, but as soon as I attempted to get off my chair, it disappered, instantaneously, with absolutely no sign of movement.

Caporegime
Having had a look through those you listed I'm very sceptical about the money pit. How could someone have dug something so deep years before that is practically impossible to dig now, didn't it mention something about digging around 12+m in one day? 3 people? Good luck with that. :p

If any of it is true it could be based on flooding events on the island, maybe trees blown down and covered by sand/soil, creating the wood areas, which were strangely metres apart (AFAIK metres weren't invented then, and big sheets of metal prior to the 1750s? Hmmm... :p

Treasure wise however there are loads like that, there is one about an outlaw who buried loads of treasure somewhere in the US in the 1800s and another in Australia where a bloke found a huge vein of Gold in the Outback, then lost it, only to die trying to find it again. To this day neither have been found.

I always used to love things like this (and still find it interesting), used to love the show called "strange but true". :D

Caporegime
Not sure if this a commonly unexplained phenomenon, but on several occasions over the last few years, I've seen very tiny, black, featureless spherical objects spontaneously disappear within a second or two of it coming within my field of vision.

Initially I thought it may just be a small insect or spider of some sort that would suddenly jump and my eyes would be too slow to see it move, but I'm not entirely sure. On one occasion I had the chance to focus in on one of these objects for at least a good 3 to 5 seconds. It was about two metres from where I was sitting, on my bedroom wall. It was completely black, with no features, just a spherical shape, maybe a few millimeteres in diameter. I kept my eyes locked on it, but as soon as I attempted to get off my chair, it disappered, instantaneously, with absolutely no sign of movement.

You sure it wasn't actually i your eye? You can see imperfections and blood cells in your eye when you look at blank features (favourite is blue sky) and as they are on your eye you move your eye to look at them and they appear to vanish.

Soldato

Google 'floaters'. They're basically the inside of your eyes falling to bits.

Caporegime
I was once walking my dog and saw a sheep go into a culdesac, the dog chased it so I went after it and the sheep was nowhere to be seen, to this day I still haven't got a plausible explanation for it. :o

Back
Top Bottom