HTC Desire Pink issue

Soldato
Android is based apon Linux though. What's wrong with the software ?

It's out of date? Running the same software as previous generation Android Phones. Congratulations on waiting until Q4 to get 2.1, so the phone was released April, so you're waiting at least 7 months before you get Eclaire.

That's near enough half the length of an 18 month contract, a contract you're paying top rate for SE's flagship phone that can't even use automatic flash, doesn't have multi touch screen and can't run a lot of the latest applications that use 2.0.

Man of Honour
Like how? Have you used a X10 or do you pass judgement like most people do?

Of course I used an X10, why wouldnt you try each of the phones in a certain area of the market before chosing one?

It's bulky, it doesnt fit in your hand as nicely as the Desire because of the squared off edges, the SE user interface is nothing like HTC Sense as it runs an ancient version of Android.

Why bother?

Man of Honour
I really, really can't see how the X10 is inferior in every way and nobody has yet to give me justified reasoning as to why?

I guess it's not inferior but it isn't as good as a Desire or N1 or even a Droid due to that being more up to date.

When have Sony planned the Android 2.1 update considering 2.2 is due out this month?

X10 has a normal LCD screen so it's going to sip more juice and quite frankly OLED screens look fantastic in low light with no backlight to be seen anywhere:

htc_desire_backlight.jpg

Oh and no docking option on the X10 is not very useful

RSR

RSR

Soldato
My comment was made with a bit of tongue and cheek. :p

However, to state the "X10 is inferior in every way" is completly wrong as its not. There are many areas that the X10 IS better than the Desire. That's for another thread though.

Associate
H/W wise generally the X10 is a better device. Bigger screen, better camera, although the screen tec is poorer, in reality it doesn't make a huge difference. The software however is another story. While SE have done a lot to make 1.6 usable, the bottom line is that its quite poor in comparison to what HTC have done with SENSE. if you don't believe me try it. Better keyboards, optimisation for the tasks you do frequently, along with lots of eye candy too. The widget selection on the HTC devices is impressive. On the X10 its just appalling. It just feels clunky and outdated when you use a HTC Desire. TimeScape & MediaScape look pretty but isn't actually that useful. The X10 isn't bad, just outdone. Remember it is SE's 1st Android device....

Soldato
H/W wise generally the X10 is a better device. Bigger screen, better camera, although the screen tec is poorer, in reality it doesn't make a huge difference. The software however is another story. While SE have done a lot to make 1.6 usable, the bottom line is that its quite poor in comparison to what HTC have done with SENSE. if you don't believe me try it. Better keyboards, optimisation for the tasks you do frequently, along with lots of eye candy too. The widget selection on the HTC devices is impressive. On the X10 its just appalling. It just feels clunky and outdated when you use a HTC Desire. TimeScape & MediaScape look pretty but isn't actually that useful. The X10 isn't bad, just outdone. Remember it is SE's 1st Android device....

The Sony's screen is indeed slightly larger 4" compared to 3.7".
However the actual screen on the HTC device is far superior.
Somebody said the HTC looked "washed out" along side the HTC - sorry, but no.
RAM/ROM and CPU are more or less identical.
The Sony may have a higher MP camera, however reviews have shown that the picture quality from both the Sony & HTC are more or less the same.
HTC have used an amazing 5MP camera, Sony have used a "mah" 8MP.

Throw in SENSE and the HTC device loses solely on having .3" screen smaller.

Soldato
The Sony's screen is indeed slightly larger 4" compared to 3.7".
However the actual screen on the HTC device is far superior.
Somebody said the HTC looked "washed out" along side the HTC - sorry, but no.
RAM/ROM and CPU are more or less identical.
The Sony may have a higher MP camera, however reviews have shown that the picture quality from both the Sony & HTC are more or less the same.
HTC have used an amazing 5MP camera, Sony have used a "mah" 8MP.

Throw in SENSE and the HTC device loses solely on having .3" screen smaller.

256 MB of Internal ram is not more or less the same. 256MB vs 576MB thats a big difference.

I have used both the X10 and Desire and the screen did looked washed out side by side. Sorry but yes in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom