HTC Evo-When's this beauty gonna go on sale???

Associate
Currently have a HTC Magic that will be due to be upgraded towards the end of this year (yeah I know it's a long way off).

Anybody have any clues as to when this is coming out and on which network?

Seems pretty good from what I've seen.

Caporegime
unless im mistaken the desire doesnt have an 8mp camera or 720p video recording which the evo is boasting

5mp camera but will have 720p recording in an update soon.

Plus i read somewhere that the 8mp camera on the EVO is atrocious compared to the 5mp camera that the desire and Nexus1 have...the guy even posted shots between the 2 and theres a big big difference in quality...in so far to say the 5mp camera looked better than the 8mp camera.

Caporegime
5mp camera but will have 720p recording in an update soon.

Plus i read somewhere that the 8mp camera on the EVO is atrocious compared to the 5mp camera that the desire and Nexus1 have...the guy even posted shots between the 2 and theres a big big difference in quality...in so far to say the 5mp camera looked better than the 8mp camera.

Which is reasonably obvious really, larger resolution normally means worse in things like phones...

Caporegime
Which is reasonably obvious really, larger resolution normally means worse in things like phones...

But when they did the comparison between the 2 phones it wasnt on the phone screens;)..did it on a normal opc monitor.

Meh doesnt matter other than 8gb storage, 8mp camera and the 720p recording its not any better than the Desire.

Pretty sure one of my friends got one over on Verizon...will have to ask her on BBM to see what she thinks of it.

Associate
@Spawn,

could u kindly report back here ur friends's views. im getting a weird vibe from the reviews im reading, dunno where to find an unbiased source, think its jus some marketing tactics.

looking forward to hear ;D

Soldato
You're correct. The EVO won't work in this country because it uses a mix of CDMA and WiMAX wireless technologies, neither of which are compatible with UK networks.

HTC release a lot of phones. I'm sure that there will be an equivalent or better model for Europe announced soon.

?
I've read this same point in several other places, do you have any info that I'm not a party to?

Caporegime
@spawn,

could u kindly report back here ur friends's views. im getting a weird vibe from the reviews im reading, dunno where to find an unbiased source, think its jus some marketing tactics.

looking forward to hear ;D

Well i dont know why you would be interested in a device that wont work here:confused:. Fact is that it uses CDMA which means the sim card is hardwired into the device although some CDMA devices do have a sim slot as well but its very rare to find devices such as that.

As for unbiased sources??..good luck with that, its virtually difficult to find anywhere unbiased with regards to the EVO.

Anyhow did speak to my friend who has one and she says she loves it but the camera isnt that great...a lot of the pics are washed out as the camera isnt that great, i mean its 8mp but pics look like they have been taken with a rubbish 2mp camera...one good thing she says about it is that it has plenty of onboard storage ie 8gb....its pretty fast as it runs a 1ghz cpu like the Desire....one thing she doesnt really like is the size of it...its pretty big for her tiny hands.

Shes not sure if shes keeping it though as shes Blackberry through and through but she does like the device...but its her first Android handset and if she had the choice between the EVO or iphone...it would be the EVO hands down.

Caporegime
But when they did the comparison between the 2 phones it wasnt on the phone screens;)..did it on a normal opc monitor.

Meh doesnt matter other than 8gb storage, 8mp camera and the 720p recording its not any better than the Desire.

Pretty sure one of my friends got one over on Verizon...will have to ask her on BBM to see what she thinks of it.

That's not quite what I meant... ;)

Phone sensors are only tiny, larger resolution invariably means worse IQ and more noise (although not 100%, depends on other aspects). The best camera pphone i've used quality wise is still the K750, with it's 2MP camera.

Unfortunately for 90% of the people resolution is king, although that doesn't explain why one of the best professional cameras (Nikon D3) "only" has 10mp...

Back
Top Bottom