Will I see much difference???

Soldato
A friend is offering me an excellent price on a Core I7 920, 6GB RAM and an Asus P6T board. I currently have a Q6600 G0 @ 3.00ghz with 4GB RAM and an Abit IP35 Pro board. My gfx card is an Asus 5770. HDD's are Samsung F3 1.5GB and a 500GB.

Will I see a genuine improvement in general usage and games usage (play BFBC2, L4D2, TF2, etc) or will the 5770 be the bottleneck with both the old and potentially new system??

Thanks

CK

Associate
A friend is offering me an excellent price on a Core I7 920, 6GB RAM and an Asus P6T board. I currently have a Q6600 G0 @ 3.00ghz with 4GB RAM and an Abit IP35 Pro board. My gfx card is an Asus 5770. HDD's are Samsung F3 1.5GB and a 500GB.

Will I see a genuine improvement in general usage and games usage (play BFBC2, L4D2, TF2, etc) or will the 5770 be the bottleneck with both the old and potentially new system??

Thanks

CK

£280

I reckon I can get £180 for my stuff :)

This http://emsai.net/reviews/cpu/ will tell you how much improvement you'll get. You've got a cracking deal there. I've already got an I7 920 but I will always take on that offer anytime. Similar combo fetched £426 on the bay a day or two ago. Besides, you can always flog your old components for a good sum to get you a nice SSD:D.

Or you can do some business. Take it, put it on the MM and I'll buy it off you for £300 and that's a nice £20 bucks for less than a minute.:D

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Heheh, If I bought it I'd only put the old stuff up for sale! :)

I'm gonna do it though. He's bringing the kit over this Sunday coming, and I'll fit it then and put my stuff up for sale on the MM on Monday/Tuesday once I've boxed it all up :)

Soldato
OP
Nice one

That new stuff is a great and for that price!?!?!?

You should be happy with your mate.

Sell your current stuff and the 5770 and buy a Nice 5870 :D

You're obviously not married ;)

She'd never agree to that....took me long enough to get the upgrade sanctioned.... :o (and that was with me exagerating the benefits :D )

Back
Top Bottom