• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

5570 vs 3870x2

Associate
is there much difference in speed have a chance for a straight swap as to say, I myself are looking for around same sort of power, dont mind if it is a little less. but want lower power comsumption.

HeX

HeX

Soldato
It'll be a fair bit slower. In a lot of things a 5570 is slower than a single 3870.

You want to be looking more at a 5750, which is about twice the speed of a single 3870 in most things.

Associate
OP
You know whats funny, is at the time on this forum these cards where slated so much, but it seems this amount of years later a £70 odd card, is still slower.
Takes over a £110 card to compete, quite suprised at that really considering all the flack the 3870x2 got.

HeX

HeX

Soldato
TBH at current pricing you'd be better off looking at a 5770 to replace your X2 anyway. It's only a fiver more than the 5750, and the 5770 will soundly beat that X2, while using less power, running cooler, and lots quieter.:)

Associate
OP
TBH at current pricing you'd be better off looking at a 5770 to replace your X2 anyway. It's only a fiver more than the 5750, and the 5770 will soundly beat that X2, while using less power, running cooler, and lots quieter.:)

Its only for a second machine anyway, to be honest only really browse's the net. dont really turn my games machine anymore, only really wanted to cut down on power usage.

Back
Top Bottom