Strikeforce:Heavy Artillery - UK viewing?

Soldato
Strikeforce: Heavy Artillery is not being shown online by Strikeforce this time round, its on Showtime USA in North America. Apart from illigal streams which are a no no on here are there any official ways of watching it live?

I know the daily red tops normally support MMA and have links to official live web viewing but I have not heard much this time round.

Soldato
Was so so and predictable with overeem stepping in that guy is just pure muscle and power.

Will be interesting too see Fedors return in June at least.

On a side note did anyone see Chubby from ultimate fighter? The guy rampage was mocking about his weight... he was on king of the cage and managed too loose from a vicous elbow cut. Took a few good minutes too wipe the blood from his eyes before he could see again!

Soldato
Was so so and predictable with overeem stepping in that guy is just pure muscle and power.

Will be interesting too see Fedors return in June at least.

On a side note did anyone see Chubby from ultimate fighter? The guy rampage was mocking about his weight... he was on king of the cage and managed too loose from a vicous elbow cut. Took a few good minutes too wipe the blood from his eyes before he could see again!

You mean Roy 'Big Country' Nelson? I'm not a fan of his either, as far as I'm concerned MMA fighters should be athletes at their physical peak, and Big Country just isn't, I don't think he is a good advertisement for the UFC.

I was seriously impressed with Overeem, he's a bit of a beast. Made Rogers look seriously average. After seeing that I don't think Fedor would beat him to be honest.

Caporegime
You mean Roy 'Big Country' Nelson? I'm not a fan of his either, as far as I'm concerned MMA fighters should be athletes at their physical peak, and Big Country just isn't, I don't think he is a good advertisement for the UFC.

No, he meant Daryll Schoonover. Roy Nelson may be big, but he's quick and very, very skilled. He has a belly, but he uses it correctly. His BJJ is very good, he has a very solid punch and he has fought top fighters before The Ultimate Fighter. For many of us who knew quite a bit about MMA it spoiled the season as it was clear from the announcement that he was in the competition that he was almost certain to win it, and he did so without ever being worried making it the most comprehensive victory in TUF yet.

MMA Fighters don't have to be at their 'physical peak', many aren't ripped fighters because it doesn't benefit them. Roy Nelson uses his weight and size in the right way but still keeps some speed about him.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just to add to what NokkonWud has said, Roy Nelson actually beat Frank Mir in a Jiu Jitsu match, think it was either Grapplers Quest or ADCC. He is a very talented athlete who just likes his burgers!

roynelson.gif

Soldato
My mistake, it was Schoonover. Is Big Country fighting in any of the upcoming UFC events? Don't get me wrong, I think he is a good fighter and I appreciate that his weight contributes to his power, I just don't agree with a fighter being chubby.

Associate
My mistake, it was Schoonover. Is Big Country fighting in any of the upcoming UFC events? Don't get me wrong, I think he is a good fighter and I appreciate that his weight contributes to his power, I just don't agree with a fighter being chubby.

Pretty sure his next fight is rumoured to be Dos Santos, mainly because Santos hasnt fought in quite a while

Correct, Cigano vs Nelson is pretty much confirmed at UFC 117

War Dos Santos. One step too far for Nelson imo.

Associate
Pretty much a lose lose for Dos Santos at the mo, Not much of a credible win, since hes only 2-0 in the UFC thus far, and hes got everything to lose if he does, But I think it will be a good fight personally, Think Roy may be able to take it.

Back
Top Bottom