Khan V Malignaggi

SMN

SMN

Soldato
Malignaggi has pillow hands, cant see him doing any damage. It always sticks in my head what Hattons corner said to him during their fight. I think in the second they said "Dont worry about his left, he hasnt got anything for you - just watch the right and go at him" and by the fourth they said "dont worry about the right either, hes got no power" :) Power isnt something you can learn unfortunately, its born with.

Cant see anything but a Khan win unless his chin is truly that glass.

Soldato
Cant see anything but a Khan win unless his chin is truly that glass.

Bingo! His chin is truly that glass.
Khan is quite possibly the chinniest boxer I have ever seen in recent memory that has won anything :p

I don't think Malignaggi punches any weaker than Limond does and he had Khan dancing around :p His defense has got better since then sure but you can't add anything to the chin ;) The problem with Malignaggi isn't really about not being born with decent power, it's his brittle bones that means he can't punch hard.

Soldato
We gonna make this the boxing thread for this weekend? Got a decent domestic card on Sky Sports on Saturday night as well headlined by Mitchell V Katsidis.

Khan V Malignaggi should be a decent encounter better than most of Khans fights anyway! Paulie isn't a huge puncher (wouldn't be fighting him if he was!) but he's more durable than Khans usual opponents and not 10 years over the hill! My prediction a Khan win but probably by decision or late stoppage.

The Mitchell V Katsidis fight should be a belter, 2 guys who love a tear up going at it. Fancy Mitchell in front of a good sized home crowd at Upton Park.

Soldato
A small riot ensued at the weight in between Khan and Malignaggi. I think Malignaggi said something about Roach's camp being on drugs and Khan shoved him..

Looking forward to this one tomorrow. This is Khan's first real proving ground. To beat a popular boxer with excellent boxing skills in his own back yard.. Obviously Malignaggi would never knock out Khan but he could win this on points...

I hope I can get to watch Mitchell somehow. (im in the USA so it's not being shown here) Not seen him fight but i read lots of good things about him. I think if he wins against Katsidis a Marquez fight will be on the cards.

Gangster
Associate
Out of order!!!

Stupid annoying 'british' supporters. 'who are ye' 'who are ye'
and why are these stupid people chanting 'allah akhbar'

I hate Malignaggi, my missus has a harder right hook than him but I hope he sends Khan to the canvas.

There's an interview with Khan saying he can be as good as Mayweather or Pacquiao, he must be on drugs.

Just put a bet on Khan winning. Win win situation, if khan wins I get money and if he loses I get to see khan eat humble pie.

C'mon Malignaggi!

Soldato
LOL, he proper wound Khan up whatever he said, getting inside his head.

Always nice to see a bit of racism on the internet too, where would we be without it ay?

Soldato
Malignaggi has been trash talking to Khan for ages now on twitter. I'm not Khan's biggest fan but I hope he knocks him out.

Opposite for me :p Hoping Khan gets knocked out, would be hilarious.

Can't really stand Malignaggi but I hate Khan even more, he really needs someone to handle his PR more.

Soldato
i would love to see a double ko because i dont like them both. but shame it wont happen. i think this will go 12 rounds with khan winning a decision. paulie dont have enough power to ko khan, and they have a similar style, only that khan is faster.

Soldato
As everyone has stated, Paulie has no power at all, so shouldn't trouble Amir in that respect, but you never know I suppose.

Paulie is a quick fighter himself, so I think if it goes the distance, as I expect, it could be closer than some people think.

Soldato
Paulie is too cocky. Amir will beat him I think, he has come a long way. And Freddie Roach is an excellent trainer, so it should be light work of Paulie.

Amir to win.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom