netgear DG834G cutting out

Associate
Hi since ive moved over to orange my netgear router keeps cutting out about every 30s.

im now using the supplied sagem router, as this works with no problems.

the technician said it is because im now on adsl2+ ?

i thought my router supported this

i think my router is v2

Soldato
Check your line stats, remember that ADSL2+ may become problematic on lines that simply cannot handle them.

We get some customers which have been moved over onto ADSL2+ connection but the lines just cant handle them, we have to role them back on to a standard profile.

As people have suggested tho, try DGTeam firmware, if the ISP provide it, ask them to see if they can switch on interleaving or place a modification order to try to stabalise the connection more.

Associate
OP
i reconected my netgear but i couuldnt get on the internet before and after firmware udgrade.

the user and password was correct, it said it was connected succesfully but now web pages would load up?

anyone got any ideas

Man of Honour
I found the latest official firmware (.16 or .18 can't remember which) had this problem on the DG834 especially bad for wireless clients, every couple of minutes or so web pages would fail to load, connections drop, etc. since updating to the DGTeam firmware the problem has completely gone away.

Associate
OP
ive upgraded firmware but i cant connect to the internet, yet the router says its connected?

i have tried with my pc and a laptop wired and wireless

i have no idea why

Associate
May or may not work but I had same probs with DG834N and DG834G it would connect to internet but not show any pages and in the properties or the local area conection on my laptop and pc there was sent packets but no recieved one's and the only way I got it to work was to do an advanced microsoft update on the hardware drivers for my network cards and everything has been fine since.
updates were done with different router.

Back
Top Bottom