Khan V Malignaggi

Soldato
Adverts do my heed in... one of the reasons why I stopped watching the prem highlights when they moved to ITV... also the main reason I dl all the US TV shows rather than watch them on Sky etc.

Hard fight to call this..

Soldato
After a nervous looking start from Amir, his jab totally controlled things, winning every round from 3 onwards for me.

Not the spectacular performance that I'm sure he'd have wanted, but a very good one all the same.

Caporegime
After a nervous looking start from Amir, his jab totally controlled things, winning every round from 3 onwards for me.

Not the spectacular performance that I'm sure he'd have wanted, but a very good one all the same.

Hardly a surprise the man was perfect for Khan, he was fighting a fast man and hardly ever had his hands up. His head was there for the picking with the right all night long. It was laughable how open malignaggi was.

A counter puncher as they keep describing him usually has some form of a guard. A counter puncher is not someone who gets hit 5 times then tries to comeback with one of his own.

A decent performance by Khan who didn't even need to go to the body ever with a fighter that left his head undefended for the full distance.

Permabanned
Good win by Khan, but I can't help but see the size difference between him and Malinaggi.

Khans frame was so much bigger. I'm interested to see him against another puncher with a similar build.

Soldato
I have just watched the fight this morning, Khan fought very well and defended well too.

I know people comment on how soft Malignaggi's punches are, but where was his defence? His hands are around his chest/waist for most of the fight.

Did he expect to bend out of the way of Khans jab like Prince Naz used to?

Soldato
I stayed up to watch this, was very impressed with an overall solid performance from Khan, the guy really does seem to be improving with every fight.

Does anyone think he is ready for the likes of Maidana, Bradley or Alexander?

Soldato
I stayed up to watch this, was very impressed with an overall solid performance from Khan, the guy really does seem to be improving with every fight.

Does anyone think he is ready for the likes of Maidana, Bradley or Alexander?

paulie literally threw no right hands after the 4th round, disappointing performance from him. khan fought a good fight, but i am not sure what paulie was trying with his hand down and eating jab after jab.

i think he got the ability to out box all of them. but i also think if they landed the punches paulie landed in the first few round its lights out for amir khan. so the chances are maidana and alexander will stop khan, probably early or mid rounds. and khan might win a decision against bradley, because bradley is not as powerful puncher as other two and khan is faster and just as busy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom