Samsung Galaxy S... highest spec Android phone released... also with QWERTY!

Soldato
oooo, nice to see the touch sensitive buttons being as responsive as sticking your finger in toffee....

TBH the Desire is about as big as I would like to go with a mobile phone... If anything its a bit big physically so this thing must be a PITA to cart around. I dont see it having anything much to add to the HTC Desire as they are meant to be adding HD recording and DivX etc support....

If 16GB is the internal memory then kudos for that :cool:

Caporegime
OP
The QWERTY on the pro version looks awful imo.

It doesn't look bad at all, and a gazillion times better than the Milestones.
samsung-galaxy-s.jpg

Seperate number row for the win, logically laid out.

Soldato
why don't i get excited about mobile phones any more? while i like all these features.. some of them get useless for e.g. GPS.. start it with full battery go for a ride on a bike.. just to see the map/miles i did... 3.5hrs later battery is empty.. cmon improve it a bit or something.. :(

Soldato
It's the OS look that I don't like... The case looks iphony and the bubble icons do nothing to detract from this... Knowing little about Android, will this be editable?

I also have a Samsung omnia HD which made me promise myself I would never get a Samsung phone again, the support and the updates I was looking forward to were farcical. This, however, is an Android, which is why i'm daring to consider it. But it's at 2.1 atm, and knowing of Samsung's lazy take on updating phones, will future updates (2.2 for example) be likely to be available soon? Or at all?

Man of Honour
It looks good. Depends on price I guess but those of us with unbranded Desires would have an easier time selling and upgrading if it came to it - which I doubt unless HTC or XDA don't push the 2.2 and HD updates to the Desire sooner rather than later!

Oh and I'd rather not anyway because it looks so much like an iPhone both inside and out. Can't have people thinking I'd turned into a townie or something now!

Last edited:
Soldato
Grr, wish they would have put all of this power into a phone that didn't look like every other samsung phone.

Also wish there was an option in custom firmware builds to revert to Android's standard interface.

Back
Top Bottom