Hypothetical question

Soldato
Let's say in an ideal world that,..

1. All the F1 cars driven are 100% identical in performance, handling, acceleration, top speed.

2. All have the same tyres at the same time (soft or hard).

3. There is no question of technical problems, no tyre blow outs, no gearbox or engine problems.

4. Everything would be flawless mechanically for a whole season for every single drivers.

Who then of the current drivers in 2010, do you think would triumph as the champion since now it can be determined purely based on driver skill and not hardware?

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
Why does any of those four points make it an ideal world? Each of those removes some of what makes F1 good!

As for the question, probably between Hamilton and Vettel.

Soldato
OP
Why does any of those four points make it an ideal world? Each of those removes some of what makes F1 good!

As for the question, probably between Hamilton and Vettel.

I do certainly agree with that point! :D

However, if you take some other sports, they win solely on their talent, or, MOSTLY, I mean a tennis racket string might break but that's no game breaker. Examples, swimming, athletics, football, tennis, boxing, etc.

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
None of those require a team to construct something and then invest all of that effort in one person.

Whilst the headlines are dominated by the drivers, the teams are locked in just as intense a battle off the track as the drivers are when on the track. Taking that away means an A1GP-style affair and that was so good it went bust...

Caporegime
None of those require a team to construct something and then invest all of that effort in one person.

Whilst the headlines are dominated by the drivers, the teams are locked in just as intense a battle off the track as the drivers are when on the track. Taking that away means an A1GP-style affair and that was so good it went bust...

A1GP went bust through poor advertising and poor TV coverage.

The racing was always pretty good. I really enjoyed watching it when it was on.

Man of Honour
That would not be an ideal world, far from it, it would suck.
Anyway Hamilton, take out reliability and how hard he pushes the equipment and take out the tactics, I think he has the pace and the overtaking.

Back
Top Bottom