Dio is Dead!

Associate
DIO forever <3 So glad I saw him play with Dio band in London back in 2008 such a shame :( Never got around to seeing him as sabbath/heaven and hell totally gutted. Bought ticket to see him play London last year and was hoping to see him play this year (health dependant). I'm just glad i got into his music when he was alive and was able to watch him perform live.

His music will live on forever in our hearts.

Long live rock 'n' roll
Let it live

Soldato
Very sad to hear this. I first listened to Dio in his Rainbow days,especially remember the albums 'Ritchie Blackmores Rainbow' and 'Rainbow Rising'. He's written and performed on so many all time classics,'Heaven and Hell' and 'Mob Rules' with Sabbath,'Holy Diver' and 'The Last In Line' With Dio as well as the aforementioned Rainbow albums amongst many others.

It's amazing how superb he sounded on last Years Heaven and Hell album 'The Devil You Know' despite his terrible illness. Imo this album ranks alongside 'Rainbow Rising and 'Heaven and Hell' as one of the best written and performed albums of his career.

Dio will be missed enormously but thankfully for him and us his amazing music will always live on.

The World is full of Kings and Queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams,it's Heaven and Hell. R.I.P

Man of Honour
Just looking at the set list for my other band and these 5 tracks just show what a great talent he was -

Kill The King (Rainbow)
Long Live Rock And Roll (Rainbow)
Man On The Silver Mountain (Rainbow)
Rainbow In The Dark (Dio)
Neon Knights (Black Sabbath)

Who is there now to sing about dragons, rainbows & castles?

Soldato
sad news indeed, he was an icon in the rock world and is a big loss to his fans .. must admit to never being able to enjoy Dio or take his music seriously :(

RIP Ronnie,

Associate
This is a very sad year already for Metal.Midnight,Peter Steele and now this...You can tell about Dio whatever you want but he truely was a god amongst men...:(

Back
Top Bottom