New Car Stereo.. no idea??

Associate
Hey folks..

I'm after a bit of advice. I've just had a new (to me) Toyota Celica Sports M TRD, which I'm loving.. and am now after a little upgrade for the sony stereo it came with.

Its fine really, apart from the radio reception is rubbish. At the moment, I have a bluetooth headset reciever connected to an aux line which I have to sync each time I get into the car with my phone. It works, but I want something a bit more fluid.

Is there a recommended stereo that you know of that has a good RDS radio so I get no signal loss, that also will be able to sync to my HTC Desire so that its always synced whenever I start the car - that also ideally can get the track info from the phone and display it on the stereo, so I can skip tracks etc

Thanks

Man of Honour
i have a pioneer DEH-6100BT, connects to the phone almost instantly and stores my phonebook. The bluetooth module inside is a Parrot system. so any radio with parrot is probably a good bet.

Other than that its really down to what features you might want, and what you want to spend.

Associate
OP
Well, I suppose around £150-£200 would be doable

Basically, all I really want is bluetooth connection when I get near the car, without me physically having to sync it, and a radio that locks in and doesnt lose signal.. so RDS type?

Is the bluetooth thing possible? When you connect over bluetooth to your pioneer, do you have to do anything or does your phones music just play through your car speakers as soon as the stereo is powered (and the phone is playing)

Also, are there models available that show track info - from the phone, on the head units display. This ist really a big issue for me to be honest, but wouldnt mind it if its only going to cost a few quid more :)

Thanks for your help

Ben

Back
Top Bottom