Corsair HX 850 Fan noise

Man of Honour
Main differences would be the OP has a 5970 which is probably pushing the PSU harder hence causing it to load the fan up.

To the OP is it blowing really hot air out or is it just noisy but cool air?

Associate
Mine is noisy. My HX 750 fan is spinning pretty fast, its taking in a lot of air and the stuff coming out is really cold. Its not an issue of load either, my rig isnt exactly power hungry.

EDIT; noise is the psu fan. Did several startups, and started to note psu noise kicking in usually on moving into windows noise in bios was fine. After 30 seconds or so fan seems to throttle up, restored bios defaults. same issue, troubleshot it and I am left at;

a. bad fan makes noise once it has warmed up.
b. stock component/setting in system causing psu to think it is under load.

I tend to b. my crosshair 3 doesnt seem to be too fond of the 965, chip was released after board, doesnt seem to be specifically catered to, might be a bios issue.

Last edited:
Associate
My HX850 is whisper-quiet even with the system at full pelt. Definitely no issues with a 965BE and Crosshair III (v1105 bios)

Soldato
The problem is noise is subjective, it also depends on what other noise sources people have. If it is really an issue, sell it and get something else. Some Corsair PSUs I've had have been loud, it all depends on the load and the model.

Back
Top Bottom