Who's running what this summer?

Soldato
My summer of fun is now taking shape.

June - Mansfield Half
Aug - Newark Half
Sept - Notts Marathon
Oct - Cardiff Half

I hope to bag PB's in Notts (<3:05) and Cardiff (<1:24) as Mansfield and Newark will be training races, but who knows..

Anybody else with any races lined up?

Soldato
Great North Run
Liverpool 10k (probably)

Also tempted by the Saab Saloman Forest 10k at Delemere in July, only it's less than a week after my summer hols...

Soldato
JPMC corporate run in Battersea. An earth shattering and utterly loony....3.5miles :D

Actually, I've only just managed to sort out some proper physio and this run in July should be good as part of my rehab with a bit of luck.

Associate
Midsummer Munro half.
Wife entered for me cannot remember name full marathon.
Abingdon Marathon.
Winelands Marathon in South Africa.
Aslong as I stay injury free.
Dave

Soldato
might try the Swindon half marathon for the first ever time, my runnings not to bad I got time to perfect it/get better.

Anyone with some tips? Furtherest I have ever ran is about 3.5mile (took around 26mins) and i was pretty tired after.

Obviously start small work way up but anything to make my run more comfortable? What kind of time is good for a half marathon? What foods are good before running?

Last edited:
Soldato
Midsummer Munro half.

That's hardcore, gain / loss of 3000ft up and down Box Hill aint easy and the Did Not Finish rate is pretty high.

Mate has been trying to get me to do that for years with a view to doing the full Picnic Marathon the following year. I might do the Leith Half next year, the Munro in 2012 and the Picnic in 2013 (the Picnic is only every two years).

You might want to look at the South Downs Relay / Marathon as a training run.

Soldato
might try the Swindon half marathon for the first ever time, my runnings not to bad I got time to perfect it/get better.

Anyone with some tips? Furtherest I have ever ran is about 3.5mile (took around 26mins) and i was pretty tired after.

Obviously start small work way up but anything to make my run more comfortable? What kind of time is good for a half marathon? What foods are good before running?

Playtpus' sticky is probably a good start :)

Associate
I ran Abingdon in 2008 but can't remember much about it. But i will take more notice this time and let you know.
This will be my first time at the midsummer munro i don't have many hills where i live so i think it will be a bit of a culture shock!
I want to start Fell running but need to ease myself in to it as i have just got over bad shin splints.
Dave

Man of Honour
I did the Potters Arf this morning and my time was awful.
I just managed to get around and came behind the last car at 2:41 :(
I've now got to accept that at 52 I can't expect to do this type of stuff with diabetes, numb feet, asthma, high blood pressure, high cholestorol and 2 arthritic knees.

Associate
Probably the Ribble 10k at the end of the year. Have been out for nine months due to a tendon injury and want to get to a decent level again (29:27 5 mile, 1:21 half) but it is difficult. I think I need a goal to aim for!

Soldato
OP
I'm struggling to get back into the swing of things. Started well with a couple of good weeks then lost most of last week (only 12 miles total) due to work commitments. Then missed last night due to fancying a beer! Ah well, may not seem like I've missed much but feels like I aint running. Mansfield half will tell the story...

Good luck with the recovery simpletom.

Back
Top Bottom