Question about Coolermaster HAF 922 Fans

Associate
I'm due to receive my HAF 922 case tomorrow (can't wait!) and I have a question about the fans on the case, specifically the two in the upper corner of the case, one blowing out the rear, one blowing out the top.

I use a Titan Fenrir heatsink and the fan on this will blow air through the heat sink upwards and to the top of the case. This makes me think the other fan blowing air out the rear is largely redundant.

Do people usually not use one of the fans depending on the orientation of their heat sink?

Associate
Why not use it? What harm could it do?

Its still going to help cool regardless of whether its having as greater effect as if the heat sink was pointed at it. I can't see any reason to remove it unless its hideously noisy or something.

Associate
OP
I was thinking about the noise, but now that I've installed my PC in the case and have it running, it's very quiet anyway so I've decided to keep all the fans running as you said.

It is a fantastic case, my CPU temp has dropped by 5 degrees in the HAF. :)

Associate
my rear fan is useful in my haf 922. ive got 2 on the side blowing into the case andnd the added pressure pushes all the hot air up out the rear fan - deffinatly keep it or if you want usse it as an exhaust fan on the bottom of the side panel to sort out your graphics card

Associate
OP
if you want usse it as an exhaust fan on the bottom of the side panel to sort out your graphics card

That's a good idea, though I've only got one 8800 gt card in there so heat isn't an issue. When I upgrade, something to think about though. :)

Even without any side fans, I can feel quite a strong current on the side from all the air getting pulled in by the rear and top fans. I stuck some fine mesh on the inner side of the side panel to filter out the dust that was probably getting sucked in.

Back
Top Bottom