Pipex moved to LLU now can't connect

Soldato
My parents are having a bit of a nightmare with Pipex and have not had an internet connection since last monday. After two hours on the phone to pipex it appears they have moved them to thier LLU service with no prior notice (although yesterday they received a letter dated the 5th of may stating they would be transferred on teh 10th) unfortunatly they don't seem to be able to get a connection. The link is up but it does not seem to want to authenticate their login, pipex even had them try an admin login which didn't work either and have given my parents no timescale for a fix. I guess they are stuck waiting on pipex but are certainly going to request thier mac code tomorrow. Has anybody else been through this nightmare?

Soldato
pipex were a complete mess back in 2006 before they got purchased by tiscali. im not surprised its still the same tbh. i would probably jump ship as there are far better providers out there.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
my parents are having the same issue.

im getting them on BE this week once thier phone is back on BT and their mac code shows up

Soldato
pipex is now part of the same group as TalkTalk. Wehn i had them for my business line they were top notch.

It would be sensible to double check all the settings on your router as I know my router has to be told when its on a VC or LLU connection.

Man of Honour
Yeah can be, assuming a signal is present may also need to change other handshaking/modulation options and/or enable multimode if its not already. Its possible even that the router only supports basic ADSL1 and doesn't have the ability to handle whatever presentation pipex is using for LLU.

Associate
Same problem happened to me at work yesterday.

I recieved a phone call from Pipex a few weeks ago offering an upgrade to their new system, told them I was not interested and was happly to stay as we were, been with them for several years with no major problems.

Yesterday the internet went down, called them up and they said that we were being moved to the LLU, came back up an hour later, but with no connection, spoke to them again yesterday and this morning with no joy and no idea when it will be back up, this was causing all sorts of problems at work.

Spoke to Zen and got our spare line setup with them for a new ADSL connection next Monday/Tuesday and transfered our domain away from Pipex this afternoon to my own system with Daily.

Going to phone Pipex next week and tell them to **** *** and get the other phone line cancelled.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom