When do you play?

Associate
I play after the wife has gone to bed. Usually from 9 or 10pm. Saying that, I don't normally finish work until 10pm recently, so just on Friday nights etc

Soldato
My girlfriend is more of a gamer than I am so we often play together (ooh eer), either on my 360, her Wii or our DS'. She's a fan of puzzle/arcade/platformers though where as I like action adventures and shooters so she sits out of those. She'll happily play me at racing games, and gives me a good run for my money too! :cool:

On my own I'll play when she's either working or doing something with friends/parents as long as I don't have other plans. I don't play video games as much as I'd like really.

Soldato
i go in phases, i can go for weeks and play maybe an hour or so and then when i get chance i can spend a few hours a day for a week or so.

mine is normally down to work schedule, some months i work in excess of 300 hours somes month i barely pass 100 then take into account a daughter, decorating, diy, playing guitar and just general family time it can be a struggle to fit in.

ive also recently got into trying to finish what single player games i have before buying the next one, i still have the usual multiplayer games but try to concentrate on single player campaigns. my current PS3 list of to complete games are, Uncharted 2, FFXIII, Saints Row 2 and COD WaW. it doesnt help either that im picking up a Wii this week for the misses with the Mario Games and Zack and Wiki.

Man of Honour
Yeah, my wife sometimes watches me play, which I find a bit weird. She watched me play some of Batman: Arkham Asylum and thought it looked fun, even though she conceded she'd suck at it.
My wife really enjoyed watching me play through Alan Wake recently as she loved the storyline in it. It's story-driven games like that which generally get her approval :)

Associate
Since having kids (5month old twins!) I have spent a total of 1hour playing my xbox and about 10 hours playing FM on the laptop!

I really want RDR but don't see the point paying full price when i'll get to play it maybe an hour a week!

Soldato
Get up in the morning, go to work, come home at 18:00 and make dinner, eat and play a little with the kids before they go to bed, after that it cleanup and a cup of coffee, do some stuff with the girlfriend and by the time she goes to bed at 22:00 I finally have some time to play a game :(

Associate
Evenings and weekends here, whenever we aren't out for dinner or down the beach, almost always with the missus.

We both have xbox's, live gold and she just started using my pc and wow account, so it looks like it's time to build a second pc too.

Not sure if this is good or if I should be worried lol.

Soldato
I like to get involved and immersed in my games and I find that's hard to do after a long day at work, so I usually play only on the weekends.

Soldato
I have a job and a girlfriend but she has 2 jobs and 1 of those jobs requires her to work nightshift 2 or 3 days a week so that's usually when I do most of my gaming, nights when she's at home I might only play for an hour after she goes to bed but when she's on nightshift I can get as much as 5 hours in. Don't really play much at the weekends, my PS3 generally gathers dust or plays movies at the weekends.

Soldato
No routine really as I work different shifts. I have to be really in the mood to play games in the daytime for some reason. Also when you say how do people finish so many games, well for me, for years I would rarely finish games. I would have loads of games on the go and only ever get half way through them. The more games I started, the less time each game got. Then what happens is that I forget how to play the game properly, special moves/objectives etc so they become very difficult to pick up half way through. These days I only have a small number of games on the go and I always finish them apart from the odd one. I'd like to get Red Dead but I haven't quite finished Assassins Creed 2 and I'm about 1/3 through GTA: Liberty City Stories. No room for another 3rd person type game. I'll just buy Red Dead when it's cheap.

Soldato
I am pretty much out of the house during the week from 9am till 8pm at work, I like to try and get the odd hour of play in the evenings, generally go to bed at 11pm. I game at the weekends if I don't have any other plans.

Most of my spare time is taken up by web developing projects of my own and watching tv/movies.

Soldato
Yeah, I notice that with racing games, whenever I had a busy day at work or the kids are awake it's impossible to play a game that requires concentration as I always mess up.

Yeah I was trying to play Alan Wake on monday night and just kept getting killed, swearing at the screen etc. Then again, probably not the sort of game they intended me to unwind to! :D

Soldato
I play mostly when i'm off work and the wife is out. Becuase i work shifts i often get 3 or 4 days off midweek while she is at work, so once i get bits around the house sorted i play all day in peace. I cant seem to get into games if i'm around anyone who isn't interested. I have to be able to concentrate which doesnt easily happen if you are playing on the living room tv with people in the room who dont game, its like i can feel the loathing in the air lol.

I've just had 3 days off so finished Brutal Legend and played through Uncharted for the first time. happy times. Joining this gen of consoles 3 years late is great for budget gaming and i'm still way into a backlog of games to play.

Associate
At the moment my Mrs works a few hours in the evenings and depending on when I get the kids to sleep I usually get an hour or so game time. Before she started working, I got about half an hour a month and that was by sneaking up to one of the kids rooms and using their xbox before being caught! lol

Back
Top Bottom