Samsung Galaxy S... highest spec Android phone released... also with QWERTY!

Soldato
i dont get why so many people want a physical keyboard :/

I know. On a 4" screen it really isn't missed. On my x10 with the htc ime keyboard, I can type as fast as I could on a physical keyboard. Also because its touch, its not punishing on your thumbs if you type a lot.

Associate
Well, I personally sometimes use my phone to do proper work on (never owned a laptop until a couple months ago, and even now I hardly ever carry it around), and a physical keyboard is without a doubt superior to any touchscreen. Unless it's a really crap keyboard of course :) You can't beat the tactile sensation, without it you can't get fast enough to almost be able to touch type.

I'll tell you one thing I miss though: keypads, for one-handed operation in portrait mode!

Not saying they should sacrifice those nice big screens to stick a physical keypad on there, but I thought someone would've made a phone with a physical keyboard that slides out both ways by now - slide it outward in landscape mode and it's a keyboard, but slide it out towards the right and only the rightmost 3-4 columns of buttons come out so you can use it as a keypad.

Soldato
This phone has no flash for its camera?
The difference in quality between the shots with and without flash on my Omnia HD are......... well like the difference between taking a photo with or without a flash.

Soldato
I saw an update to the GSM review, it stated that it had 256Mb Ram, its a bug with the version they had and it is actually 512mb ram. Seen this is up for pre-order on the vodafone site it may temp me to get one if i can find a decent contract for it.

Soldato
I've had 2 Samsung phones in my phone history and both broken within a year and after sending off to tech support they didn't fix the problem, and I take good care of my mobile.

never again samsung, HTC are the best for smartphones now imo.

Soldato
No free GPS navigation solution

Quote from that review

ERMMM what the hell have they tried Google maps?

looks a nice phone nice screen. Not sure i like what they did to android though in terms of look. Phones are starting to get bigger now. A few years ago the phone industry was making phones so small i couldn't use the buttons on them!

Wont tempt me away from Nexus one, the only company that will is probably HTC. That HTC EVO looks amazing

Soldato
And is also useless in this country :)

And I think they meant that no free nav option comes with the phone, it's still downloadable.

Samsung are such a massive disappointment in so many areas. The phone's going to be great, but their reputation for lack of support and a complete disregard for Mac users is just stupid

Man of Honour
And is also useless in this country :)

And I think they meant that no free nav option comes with the phone, it's still downloadable.

Samsung are such a massive disappointment in so many areas. The phone's going to be great, but their reputation for lack of support and a complete disregard for Mac users is just stupid

Why is it useless?

Associate
Why is it useless?

Works on North American bands only.

This phone is a specs beast, that much is for sure. However, I'm willing to be that like the omnia HD, only one network picks this up, and it wont be as "affordable" as legend/desire/X10. I have an Omnia HD, and if it wasnt for custom firmware, i would have got rid ages ago, despite the fact that at the time it was the highest spec phone going. I'm sticking with HTC, but I hope this phone sells well and samsung SUPPORT it properly.

Man of Honour
A HDMI port on a phone that can play back and record HD720p content is pretty important for showing off the quality of the video and mediaplayback without having to connect up a netbook/laptop and thus carry one around with you when going to friends or wherever and want to watch a movie or something.

Soldato
A HDMI port on a phone that can play back and record HD720p content is pretty important for showing off the quality of the video and mediaplayback without having to connect up a netbook/laptop and thus carry one around with you when going to friends or wherever and want to watch a movie or something.

I really don't see a phone being used for video use more than simply uploading to the web. If you needed to properly video something, an SD video camera would be much better than a 720p one on a phone.

Accessing large video files off an SD card would be painful as well.

Soldato
this an ongoing joke ? am i missing why it would even need one

I must be missing it too fella because I just don't get it.

No, its a phone. If you want something that can play back 720p content buy a media player not a phone.

In the same way that no matter how good the camera is on a phone, it will never replace a proper camera....

Whats the next complaint...

WHAT......no optical zoom!!! Phone must be fail :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom