*** The Official HTC Desire (Bravo) Thread! ***

Soldato
Is there a way to change the sense bottom bar withought rooting or wacking on a custom rom?

I had a custom rom for my hero and it came with a much slicker bottom bar.

Was rectangle instead of rounded and had like a glass effect

*edit

It's was like the image below but with the same icons as the sense bottom bar

c5ef6454.png

**EDIT AGAIN** :p

Found the correct one i had now, it was when i had my Hero using VillainROM 5.5

4476768560_a27fa6b1af_o.png

Anyone know how i can get it back? :)

Last edited:
Associate
Does anyone have this pinkish screen where gray is displayed with too much pink? I'm thinking of picking up one but quite concerned about the colour not rendered correctly.

Soldato
Hello Everybodypeepz.

Just took delivery of my my Desire this morning, just quickly skimmed the quick start guide, it says to charge the battery initially for 3 hours from the mains. Am I ok to have it turned on during this initial charge? It's been a long time since I recieved a phone that required a charge before I got to have a play with it.

Gone are the days when we had to charge them for 16 hours straight be fore use.

Cheers.

Man of Honour
Hello Everybodypeepz.

Just took delivery of my my Desire this morning, just quickly skimmed the quick start guide, it says to charge the battery initially for 3 hours from the mains. Am I ok to have it turned on during this initial charge? It's been a long time since I recieved a phone that required a charge before I got to have a play with it.

Gone are the days when we had to charge them for 16 hours straight be fore use.

Cheers.

Yeah, most guides say something like that, you are fine having it on and having a play while charging ;)

Does anyone have this pinkish screen where gray is displayed with too much pink? I'm thinking of picking up one but quite concerned about the colour not rendered correctly.

That is just an effect of the LED screen, some are worse than others. It's rare to get one that is really bad though.

On mine for example you can only just see the pinkishness at a certain angle with the brightness on the lowest setting. If you go back in this thread you'll be able to find Khaaan!'s comparison with his Dads which highlights the difference of a bad and good one quite well :)

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Anyone rooted successfully then?

I'm tempted to do mine tonight and flash modaco's custom rom via the online kitchen (thread)

The rom boasts improved performance, rom size and other optional features like the stock android contacts app (which I prefer) and other stuff too.

I don't need a goldcard so rooting should be straight forward.

Hmmmm!

Soldato
Anyone rooted successfully then?

I'm tempted to do mine tonight and flash modaco's custom rom via the online kitchen (thread)

The rom boasts improved performance, rom size and other optional features like the stock android contacts app (which I prefer) and other stuff too.

I don't need a goldcard so rooting should be straight forward.

Hmmmm!

Why don't you need a goldcard?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
People who received a non branded Desire (Vanilla) don't need to use a goldcard to root. So if it came in a white HTC box then you're good to go.

Man of Honour
I'm thinking of doing the kitchen for mine later on Khaaan!, have to have a good read of what to do exactly, sounds pretty simple though.

I don't need a goldcard either.

Soldato
Im still in too minds if i should root or not. I want to root and put on a custom ROM.

But the Hero was easy to do, this seems abit harder and there are to many threads on XDA-Devs about issues with it bricking phones.

Im scared! lol

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Seems easy enough for non goldcard users :p

Online kitchen seems to be premium modaco users only...time to find out how much!

I just want 2.1 without SenseUI as I much prefer LauncherPro and not having SenseUI+HTC Sync would be nice as well as the stock contacts app.

Man of Honour
Yeah, you just load up the phone in recovery mode and install the .zip from Modaco that is on your SD card (in a nutshell) :p

I too need to check what the kitchen costs, unless you fancy going halves and downloading a zip for me ;) :D

Associate
Well regarding my issue on my phone i've got a new phone coming tomorrow 02 are sending a drive to swap my phone on the door step.

Can't say better than that really the lady i spoke to said it must be a dead mic.

Back
Top Bottom