iPhone has dust under the screen

Soldato
That might seem trivial but it's really noticable now the sun is out more. It's not very old, about 6 months. I can tell it wasn't well put together as the chrome surround juts out a bit and the home button is squishy.

Is that reason enough for a trip to an apple store for a swap?

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I've had multiple replacements for this very issue.

In fact, they never managed to get me one without dust, so I've got a 3G here that looks like someone was buried under the screen.

Soldato
Sorry couldn't help myself. :p

iphone-interface20copy.png

Soldato
OP
If you are in warranty they will swap out the LCD assembly in minutes. Had mine changed twice, 1st time they gave me a new handset 2nd time just the LCD/glass assembly.

I've also got a crack near the dock connector hole. And the home button doesn't press down properly. The whole thing has been cobbled together terribly. Honestly expected better from an apple product tbh. I'm hoping for a new phone, so I can sell it for lots when I get my 4g :D

Associate
no new phone

but swapped the screen for a new one saturday had to take it back as it had a pink cast second one much better but still does not seem as saturated as the original one . phone just in warranty.

Soldato
OP
I got mine swapped too. He said they would put a new screen on, but that wouldn't solve the other issues like squidgy home button and crack on the back. Nice one genius haha
Battery life seems much better now too, about 150% of the last one. I'm starting to think that my last one was maybe a refurb or something that someone else wasn't happy with.

Soldato
mine has dust under, a lot of scratches and a chuck or two missing.

i'm keeping in for another 9 months or so - until the new ones out - but i can't turn it off, or it takes bout 5minutes to start up :)

shame the warranty was gone a long time ago :(

Soldato
Took mine apart last night to clean the dust under the screen, warranty was long gone on it anyway and its really easy to take apart.

Tiniest screws I've ever seen inside it though..

Back
Top Bottom