8K for "sport""ish" car

Soldato
Nice, but I'd throw 5-6k at a good Mk2.5 and that'll leave you with enough change to get a supercharger kit and take it up to 190-200bhp.

Thats where my money will be going after the Type R :cool:

It would, but I dont think that's the sort of thing that would appeal to the OP

Associate
I'd be most disappointed if i was spending 8k and ended up with a fiesta ST/Polo GTI, i'd spend less on a clio 182 or get some kind of japanese turbo nutter.

Man of Honour
Seriously? A slightly warm hatch over a nice Honda S2000 or Seat Leon Cupra

Not really comparable are they? An S2000 is quite a different car and costs more to run.

It's the same as saying Seriously? a Seat Leon over a BMW M3 Evolution?

Purchase price is not the only thing to take into account when chosing a car!

Associate
OP
Im still leanin towards the Polo GTi and the Leon Cupra. I just need to have a good scout around for the Cupra to test drive. As far as im aware ive looked along the main road with all the car dealers and non have one to test drive, which is showing me that people must think its a great car. As i mentioned im alright with the insurance, been saving over the past year and i dont mind payin extra, as both these cars i see are my two that i would pick.

The S2000 i would like, ive been a fan of 2 seaters. However i need just afew more seats in a year or 2 for an extra person. But still going for that sporty"ish" look.

Ive been dwelling on the Fiesta ST. Ive had 2 in my time now and been great runners. Ive had various problems with them tho, and they are known on the fiesta's, thats whats putting me off for an ST.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Soldato
You can have mine for 8k :D

Anyway, it depends what you want. The 9-3 is a nice car if you like that sort of thing - it's not the precise driving machine that a hot hatch represents, the steering is a bit numb and they aren't that nimble. But they do give you several things - value for money, comfort and something a bit different.

Soldato
Chop the roof off and it's completely different though. Have you driven a 9-3 cab?

Nope! I'm sure you're right, was just an off the wall suggestion :)

[TW]Fox;16636502 said:
Yes, something a little different. Like a Vauxhall Vectra!

The OP seemed bothered about image rather than technical ability, so it is something a little different in terms of image. I get loads of comments/compliments about mine

mjt

mjt

Soldato
[TW]Fox;16636502 said:
Yes, something a little different. Like a Vauxhall Vectra!
The pre-facelift ones look quite dated too.

The fact you can get a 300ci cab for the same price = no contest.

Permabanned
How about a breadbin like mine :)

The threads lacking pictures.

99146664.jpg

Back
Top Bottom