8K for "sport""ish" car

Associate
OP
The OP seemed bothered about image rather than technical ability, so it is something a little different in terms of image. I get loads of comments/compliments about mine

Yeah i do seem about the image, but ive had experiance in a past Polo and another fiesta and my current fiesta.

A pervious post mentioned about when i said what to look out for in these GTi/Cupra models. Ive looked on some club websites and with the fiesta ST its common problems ive had with my two before.

The polo GTi i cant seem to find nothing on, there is the odd backlight going out but thats nothing

The Cupra aswell i cant find hardly nothing. The odd coilpack goes now and then. Waterpump, cam-belt are ones to look out for on the Cupras.

The Cupra owners here, have you's had problems with these? and what else should i look out for when inspectin one?

Its just finding a Leon Cupra round here, its like golddust =/

Soldato
[TW]Fox;16636322 said:
Not really comparable are they? An S2000 is quite a different car and costs more to run.

It's the same as saying Seriously? a Seat Leon over a BMW M3 Evolution?

Purchase price is not the only thing to take into account when chosing a car!

Of course that is correct and needs to be taken into consideration.

What i realy meant to say was that if i had 8k to spend (a lot OF MONEY) i would be VERY disappointed if all i got was a warm fiesta ST or Polo GTI.

Wasn't realy trying to compare an s2000 to a Fiesta ST :p

Associate
Been watching this thread because my car has just been wrote off and i'm also looking for something sporty for around the same budget.
Only difference is I want a turbo'd car for some low down torque which sort of limits what I can get at this budget :(

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Been watching this thread because my car has just been wrote off and i'm also looking for something sporty for around the same budget.
Only difference is I want a turbo'd car for some low down torque which sort of limits what I can get at this budget :(
Not really, lots of VAG 1.8Ts around for this money.
There's almost 10 cars on one platform, I'm sure you can find the sporty ones :p

Soldato
If group 17 insurance is quite high as per his below post:

Then I don't think group 19/20 cars are a good suggestion.

But looking at insurance groups is pointless at the best of times.

Haven't a great deal of insurers moved onto the 1 - 50 group system anyway?

Soldato
Insurance groups dont define the cost of insurance its just one thing to take into consideration

If the OP doesnt look at a Civic Type-R for whats been specified in the original post then I deem thee, advice dodgerer magnifico

Associate
Impreza WRX/Older STi

Pretty much what i've been looking at. Cupras and Megane cups also.

I always thought i'd buy an Impreza but now i've reached the age where I can actually insure one driving around in a very loud car with a huge spoiler on the back doesn't interest me that much anymore.

Soldato
Nice, but I'd throw 5-6k at a good Mk2.5 and that'll leave you with enough change to get a supercharger kit and take it up to 190-200bhp.

Thats where my money will be going after the Type R :cool:

8k for a 140ish brake mx5 when the same money gets you an s2000 with 250?

Back
Top Bottom