Draytek 2800 or Thomson 585v7

Associate
Exactly, run them both and just compare them yourself. On the LLU packages it should not* make a difference if you keep power-cycling / swapping hardware, etc.

* There was mention of DLM 'accidentially' being enabled on some BE lines. I'm not sure if this could potentially apply to O2 users.

Soldato
I have used the Thomson, it's a pretty poor router although they are rated for holding on with longer lines.

The gui is very slow, and the options are all deep down. Also I found that simply clicking around the web gui will restart the router in some cases.

Associate
Trying them both isnt a bad idea, but don't you want the best router in use while the line is settling, ensuring i get a higher speed?
Please define "settling".

By all accounts, you are going to find that the Draytek Vigor 2800 will sync lower than the Thomson ST585 ("BEBox/O2 wireless box") by virtue of the fact that it uses a Conexant chipset which isn't as compatible with the BE/O2 LLU network. Discussion abound on a possible workaround by having the ISP adjust the INP profile but the consensus is that it will still be slower. Ultimately what matters is whether you prefer it's functionality and user interface over the Thomson.

Back
Top Bottom